Gravity 3D

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Took SWMBO to see Gravity 3D this afternoon. Wow! Great film, We thoroughly enjoyed it. The 3D effects were brilliant, as were the special effects. The science seemed right, (except one scene, but I,m no scientist.) Sandra Bullock and George Clooney were spot on in their roles.
There was the typical Hollywood shmaltz, but it did not detract from an otherwise very enjoyable film. 9/10

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
have heard that its one of thoes movies thats worth going to the cinema for, like jurassic park Avetar or starwars. Didn't realise clooney was in it :( :) :(

It's definitely worth going to the cinema to get the 3D effects. I really felt like I could reach out and touch some of the objects floating on the screen, and I ducked a couple of times.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Sounds like a film I should go to watch. Could I ask what SWMBO stands for? I have seen it many times on this forum & I just don't get it. thanks and sorry for going off topic crosslandkelly

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
For whatever reason this movie was out in Hungary long before the UK, this is what I posted back then :)

Normally my Sandra Bullock filter would prevent me from ever going to see a film that featured her.

But,
Alfonso Cuarón.

So,

Gravity.

Wow.

Just wow.

[video=youtube;OiTiKOy59o4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiTiKOy59o4[/video]

:)[/I]

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
We saw this a couple of weeks ago.

As sandbender rightly says.........wow.

Just for completion, there is a small film doing the rounds which is the other side of her radio conversation with the stranger. If you Google "Gravity Conversation Innuit" that should find it.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
We saw this a couple of weeks ago.

As sandbender rightly says.........wow.

Just for completion, there is a small film doing the rounds which is the other side of her radio conversation with the stranger. If you Google "Gravity Conversation Innuit" that should find it.

I'm glad they put this out as an extra on the internet rather than include it in the film, I hope I'm not spoiling things for folks by saying that there are no scene cutaways to action on the ground. Apparently Hollywood were really keen to have some square jawed mission controllers trying to help out the folks in space and the Director said no, just the astronauts.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE