Gransfors stockists

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Could anyone tell me if there is anywhere in cumbria or near cumbria where I can go into a shop to buy a gransfors axe. I dont want to buy one from the net if I can help it. I would much rather 'pick one out' by hand.

Thanks, Mart.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Lurch is based at Cockermouth IIRC, dunno what hours his place is open or of its mail order only but from reading what he posts he seems a decent enough bloke.

An other option would be a Husqvarna axe like on THIS page which are available from WM plant in sunny Carlisle.

I don't know if they have the full range as I only bought the little hatchet there but its worth asking if your close.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've got one for sale in the small add's its an SFA, if you don't like it, i'll take it back, but Lurch is a good bloke to deal with, you won't go far wrong if you buy off him(sounds like i'm doing myself out of a sale !).

Rob

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Thanks for response guys, I bought my chainsaw from wm plant and have seen the husky axes. They look good too, but thats kind of why i want to see the gransfors axes for myself. I kind of thought i wanted the SFA and husky's nearest the all round axe has a 68 cm helve. But then I would also like to handle the scandinavian forest axe first. I guess I should PM (MR) lurch.

Also, i notice Tamarack stock Lundhags boots.

As Montgomery Burns would say,

Excellent............

Regards, Mart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE