Gransfors bruks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Evening all
Ive been lucky enough to find and above dealer near me.
I picked up a double bevel large carving ade for 87 gbp.
Tim does free delivery over 40gbp as well
His company is greenwoods direct

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Not bothered to search for other post mentioned - so apologies if mucking things up!

Just to say my Christmas presesnt GB Splitting Maul from my better half came from the same place. I'll confess to not having come across them before - but during her search, said BH, found three places with stock - who wanted £ Zillion to post it to an IV postcode - which is of course 8 miles past Saturn; numerous places showing one on their website, but no stock and finally these guys - who were very polite and helpful on the phone and had the maul with her at her works address two days later for less lucre than a thick christmas card.

Speak as you find says I.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I want to buy a gransfors bruks axe which one is better for me small forest axe or scandinavian forest axe ? I won't need it to cut down whole forests , I need it on winter trips maybe fell a tree or two on the way. I will have to save money for a month so I want to invest in the best option for me. can you guys help me decide ?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Sorry, I thought you only wanted to cut down a small tree or two, and be able to carry it with you easily.
Yes, they make "proper" axes too.
Maybe model HY 10 would suit you?

Pleae note that they have two lines of axes, one quite similar to Gränsfors axes hand forged from Swedish steel and a cheaper range.
It depends on the importer to your country which axes you can buy.
Sweden has the full range of all tools, UK less for example.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Sorry, I thought you only wanted to cut down a small tree or two, and be able to carry it with you easily.
Yes, they make "proper" axes too.
Maybe model HY 10 would suit you?

Pleae note that they have two lines of axes, one quite similar to Gränsfors axes hand forged from Swedish steel and a cheaper range.
It depends on the importer to your country which axes you can buy.
Sweden has the full range of all tools, UK less for example.

There's nothing in my country more than turkish and russian cheap axes :)
So I have to order it from abroad , uk or usa

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
Just my own opinion but I like the Scandi as the extra length and weight make it more versatile to me. It can remove wood faster than the small fa and you can still choke it if you want.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
It depends on your size. They will both suffice for your intended purpose, but if you are taller you might prefer the extra length of the scandi.
On the other hand, the small fits into a pack better.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
It depends on your size. They will both suffice for your intended purpose, but if you are taller you might prefer the extra length of the scandi.
On the other hand, the small fits into a pack better.

I am 1.92m in height so I kind of fall in tall category

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Aha!
I always look on the Swedish sites so the names differ!
I think you mean the one that is called Stor Skogs yxa, ( Large Forest Axe)?
With that one you can deforest Georgia including your famous vineyards in a weekend, Gcckoka!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE