Gransfors Bruks axe sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dimi.t.dfd

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2011
Belgium
studioblade.blogspot.com
I made this sheath for a Gransfors Bruks small forest axe. The black molded Kydex protects the cutting edge & is much more reliable than leather. The leather "dangler" loop makes it easy to wear the axe on your belt. Also it makes you look really SHARP!!!

Grtz,

Dimi

IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Thinking about it, I am surprised more makers don't incorporate Kydex into the business end of axe masks.
Its not to every ones tastes I know, but like Knife sheaths it would seem a worthwhile option.
Best.
Chris.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nice work.

Just a couple of things I'd do a little differently, I'd definitely run a line of stitching down the moulded fold lines on the axe hanger, to prevent the hanger losing shape in use and I'd go for a black leather strap, riveted to the axe cover on one side and press studded on the other.

I'm surprised there aren't more kydex axe covers, they must be more durable than any leather alternative.

well done

Steve

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Looks good
I agree kydex does seem a good idea
In fact, you've given me a thought for an axe cover I need to do...

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE