Grail Torch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I was having a sort out of kit and 'stuff' , - I know its stuff rather than kit because I know what Kit I have , but the stuff seems to accumulate from nowhere and clearly there is a story of me collecting items and then moving onto something else and forgetting the first ( just me?????? )

Anyway - I was kind of surprised how many generic little black torches I have... a variety of flashlights all doing the same basic thing but clearly not quite hitting the spot so to speak.

I was thinking this was sort of a grail quest for the perfect torch.

So there are certain things I think I 'want' in a small torch that I would be in a 'wish list' of features.

Wondering what features would be on others list of 'wants' ??

What annoys you about your current torch?
What feature do you miss from your old torch?

Reactions: misolgit

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I genuinely miss a simple on/off switch.
All the newer lights I own have several modes, cycling through with a series of presses.
I would love a simple switch, maybe with a separate turn switch if numerous modes are required.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I genuinely miss a simple on/off switch.
All the newer lights I own have several modes, cycling through with a series of presses.
I would love a simple switch, maybe with a separate turn switch if numerous modes are required.

Agreed - all these extra functions are sometimes a confusion - the ramping up etc can be an annoying feature.

I would suggest the S.O.S function IS one worth keeping integral if one could access functions like this and others by way of a secondary menu it would save a fair amount of faffing around.

One of the features I liked about THIS little 9V light was the fact that there was always a moonlight glow emitted allowing one to always find it in the pitch black.

If that was combined with some way to provide a very slight illumination glow 360 deg around the whole torch or maybe include some tritium rods to enable finding it easier in the pitch black that too me would be a useful feature.

Also , make the torch handle / casing out of something GITD or highly visible at least.

A diffuser cone that fits ontop of the head to create a wand/lantern effect would also be useful.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I have a Lumintop Tool AA v2.0. It uses a GITD oring keeping the lens in, so every time it's on, it energizes it.
Also came with a silicone diffuser which is white while the light is on, but glows green for quite a while, certainly enough to locate it in pitch darkness. Also sold separately

Lumintop do make a torches with GITD but pretty expensive.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I have a Lumintop Tool AA v2.0. It uses a GITD oring keeping the lens in, so every time it's on, it energizes it.
Also came with a silicone diffuser which is white while the light is on, but glows green for quite a while, certainly enough to locate it in pitch darkness. Also sold separately

MANY THANKS!!

That looks most suitable. Really appreciate you putting the info up - I would have remained completely unaware.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

Am I right in thinking only one of the models benefits from the three LED arrangement in the butt cap??

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
This....
15_dcc868c5-7460-4ba3-b1c4-64a18d4d6928_1024x1024@2x.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
The ability to change from a linear direction of use to a right angled style torch with directional head.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Think it makes the light too long, as need a 45 degree pivot through it.
Rofis used to make a few decent ones, but seemingly gone out of business.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE