Graffiti

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Pretty bad isn't it. There's normally a bit of a code of morals amongst the hotdoggers but that's just toy hacks blamming tags everywhere because they can. Shame...

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
As long as a place of beauty is easily accessible, you will find some lowlife who just wants to sh1t all over it. If it were up to me I'd conscript them all and send 'em to Afghan. Without weapons.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Man has been scribbling on walls for millenia - perhaps in 5,000 years time some archeologists will be thrilled to find this.

No, joking aside, it's disgusting. 'kin oiks!

Springheeljack1

Forager
May 12, 2011
Sheffield
I don't like the look of it, but I have thought on it too, playing the 'Devils advocate' is it the follow on from what we call cave paintings now?

Ok you'll say cavemen painted images to tell the tale of the area, what to hunt, and area ownership e.c.t.

Is the difference so vast, youths going out in to the woods and marking out there 'turf', you see it in every city, and it's all in a language we don't understand.

Now in a thousand years will outdoors people find these images and try work out what they all mean, I work with a number of kids who go out on motorbikes, have fires, and drink beers, and leave places looking awful, we've all seen it and will again. We try and get them to understand the damage they are doing and you'd be surprised just how well it works - only trouble is each year another batch spring up.

Sent from my pie-phone, via Tip-top......…hmm Tip-top!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I don't like the look of it, but I have thought on it too, playing the 'Devils advocate' is it the follow on from what we call cave paintings now?

Ok you'll say cavemen painted images to tell the tale of the area, what to hunt, and area ownership e.c.t.

Is the difference so vast, youths going out in to the woods and marking out there 'turf', you see it in every city, and it's all in a language we don't understand.

Now in a thousand years will outdoors people find these images and try work out what they all mean, I work with a number of kids who go out on motorbikes, have fires, and drink beers, and leave places looking awful, we've all seen it and will again. We try and get them to understand the damage they are doing and you'd be surprised just how well it works - only trouble is each year another batch spring up.

Sent from my pie-phone, via Tip-top......…hmm Tip-top!

Cavemen painted in there own homes. I have no issue with them daubing paint over there own possessions.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
That looked like a Really nice place, shame to spoil it so much.

Also a pity becuase most of the graffiti I've seen 1st hand has actually been pretty good, I just wish they could find a better outlet for the artistic talent that some of them have.

There is a place near me which has the usual scrawlings on but one bright spark has painted a crop of rocks so when looked at from the right direction it looks like a lizard, something like that must have taken alot of preparation and a little imagination - not just your basic tagging.

I also remember my grandad when he got a bit too old and funny in the head - went to the bottom of the garden and painted the rocks around the bottom of a bush to look more 'rock' like. The funny thing was the view from the window looked better - it was like looking into a landscape painting:)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I love to see it where it livens up some sad trashed area with a bit o'colour or gives kids a bit of hope to learn something where noone else bothers with 'em.... The sad thing is they don't even see the beauty of the canvas thats around them and that has to be down to never having the chance to get out into it with respectful guidance..... Hopefully our kids wil be different.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Art, fine.

Tags, pointless waste of time. I work over Waterloo station, there is a graffiti tunnel under the station and occasionally there are really good bits of street art. Most the time and usually quickly after someone has made something of beauty it's covered in tags.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Put them in the stocks...

And to quote Alan Partridge.. "I'd like to throw Cabbages, hot Bovril..and gravel !" :eek:

....but that's a waste of good Bovril!, as far as the graffiti goes, it's disgusting, there is no way in hell i'd conscript them though, oiks with guns...no thanks, just ship them to a hellhole without training. as far as the art v vandalism graffiti goes, as with beauty it's often in the eye of the beholder, what one finds art, the other find ARTocious...atrocious....get it? *walks off holding head in shame at the dire pun*

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Terribly sad to see a place ruined like that. Nature will remedy it, although maybe not in our lifetime.

I still occasionally get down Cumberland Cavern in Matlock where the Troggs had parties in the 1960's. The place is covered in graffiti, much of it less 'artisitic' than that in the OP's post. For those of you who have been there.........Bob still rules Cumbo!!

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
It's bad but tiny in comparison to the damage and eyesore caused by cutting perfectly good trees down and over developement in my opinion. Graffiti belongs in the city where it brightens my day when done well.

Sheldon

Jan 2, 2012
Aboyne, Scotland!
As a young person it really annoys me that people my age would go and do this, it gives the younger generation a really bad name. We're not all like that, honest!

But yes that is utterly disgusting, I don't understand what motivates someone to ruin such a lovely place.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE