GPS Weather forecast?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redflex

Need to contact Admin...
I have an etrex Summit which has a Barometric compass and altimeter. The etrex allows you to track the barometeric pressure over 12hrs and gives you current reading.The readings are given in both millibars and Inches (Hg) does this mean I can track weather trends or is this different from the weather forecast systems?:confused:

Thanks

Rocket

Mar 30, 2006
Isle of Wight
A change in your altitude will mean a change in air pressure, so you need to to take this into account - unless the GPS does a calculation to allow for the change in alt!? I have a cheap L'Attitude Sensor Master watch which has temperature, Barometric pressure and height, but it's height is worked via pressure changes :( I can be at the same altitude for a day and yet fall or rise over 100m :eek:

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
If you can set the barometeric pressure for MSL or 0 feet/meters you can indead use it as a weather tool.

i have a watch that has both altitude and barometer.its important to set the barometer with an accurate barometer say for instance at home,as they are usually set at a factory...altitude meters are good for map reading,ie matching the contour lines with your height...ive noticed patterns on digital barometers,so its a good idea to keep track off sudden rises and dips for certain weather fronts,these can also change through out the seasons..,fish are very sensitive to such changes and its a good idea to keep track when a movement from high to low is taking place,this will dictate whether or not the fish will feed,pike are one of the most sensitive.....wolf.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE