GPS to be jammed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
The joys of Real Navigation - they cannot (yet) jam a map and compass! :)
But they will never track your decaying corpse down to a few feet on a misty moor if all you got is a compass and map.

Get with the program John. Our overlords need to know when and where to find us at all times. Maps and compasses in the hands of the great unwashed are of little use to The Sultans of Satan ;)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
But they will never track your decaying corpse down to a few feet on a misty moor if all you got is a compass and map.

Get with the program John. Our overlords need to know when and where to find us at all times. Maps and compasses in the hands of the great unwashed are of little use to The Sultans of Satan ;)

Which is why I do not own a GPS ... well ... one reason :)

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Walking the footpaths in Gloucestershire last week (at about one o'clock in the morning, as it happened) I was accosted by a couple of coppers.

They'd been informed that I was trespassing.

I politely pointed out that I was using public footpaths.

They asked how I could be sure.

I showed them that I was carrying the OS map for the area and a compass.

They said that they didn't have things like that, they only had their little GPS sets which didn't seem to show the footpaths.

They asked me to show them the footpath on the map.

Instead, I shone my torch on the six-foot-high green signpost that I was standing next to.

It said "Public Footpath" on three sides.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Typical they wait for the midges to migrate before invading. Always fun to see the war canoes, tied alongside the Govan docks so the crews can visit ikea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE