Got my Frost River Woodsman pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fergus77

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2006
Portreath, Cornwall
Hey all,

Got me new Frost River Pack and just had to put a post up. These packs are lush! Been after a tradional canvas pack for a while, couldn't afford a Duluth so opted for the Frost River.

Firstly it looks like a work of art and seem like it's built to last a lifetime, and i love it :):):)
Seems plenty big for hammock camping and the smell of the waxed canvas just makes you want to get out there!!
Did i mention i loved it :):)

Anybody else use these packs or tradional canvas packs?
Whats your thoughts on them?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Anybody else use these packs or tradional canvas packs? Whats your thoughts on them?

I have a huge Duluth pack for keeping stuff together in the canoe, The Frost River pack (some pictures here) looks much nicer than the Duluth and appears to have a more comfy set of straps. But not comfy enough for a lengthy trek into the wilds I'd think.

Be sure to let us know how you get on with it.

:)

Last edited:

fergus77

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2006
Portreath, Cornwall
i thought it maybe a bit uncomfortable with the strap setup, but after loading it last night and using the tumpline, maybe a long trek might not be so bad.
Only time will tell though and plenty of outings :)

fergus77

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2006
Portreath, Cornwall
i would have went for something like that, but as the frost was a christmas gift, i ain't complaning.

I quite liked the look and price of the DD rucksack, especially with all the kit in it.

deepforest2501, where abouts are you from then?

I'm orginally from Derry but been over here now since 2002. Wish i could get down to Downhill forest and surrounding area for a camp, been too long

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
got the Duluth Bushcrafter about 7 weeks ago and i love it as well, for all the faults about it not being as light and comfy as a modern pack ect ect the fact that i have 4 different rucksacks and im still using this one tell you all you need to know, yes if i was doing the west highland way or something i would use a modern sack but if its just a few miles and a couple of nights, well this is the dogs bo**ocks. its so well made with tons of room and just looks the biz... could you post a few picutures of your frost rive pack, ive been checking for ages to see if they have updated their site to photos rather than the nifty wee drawings that they currently have, would be nice to see a real version..

Colin

fergus77

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2006
Portreath, Cornwall
No worries Colin,

Wil try and post some in a bit.

My mate bought 2 of those Duluth Bushcrafter packs and i must say they were fantastic looking bits of kit. If i had the money i would have gone for one of those but to far out of my price range

Pic's coming soon

fergus77

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2006
Portreath, Cornwall
Pic's now on Photobutcket

HelenCraigsVisit09058.jpg
[/IMG]

HelenCraigsVisit09059.jpg
[/IMG]

FrostRiverWoodsmanPack003.jpg
[/IMG]

FrostRiverWoodsmanPack002.jpg
[/IMG]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE