Got My Charge...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
And, as a reprise...

Email this morning offering a replacement nylon sheath and their apologies.
Given the reports of the others on here regarding the superiority of the nylon version I shall be accepting their offer. Still think I'll get a nice custom leather knocked up though, maybe with a torch loop. Any suggestions on who might do the dirty deed?

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i sold my charge after a couple of weeks too.

i think the tool holder is a pain, too stumpy to get any where near a sunken or shrouded screw. the lack of a 3mm flat screwdriver blade for electrical connections, choc block and the like is a real pain.

my experiences with the spare bits echo stuart's.

the outside blade arrangement is really awkward for lefties, well me anyway.

i have a blast? (i think) on order, i just need to get a replacement swiss tool!

cheers, and.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
sargey said:

Same for me too sargey. It felt fine in my hand actually but it was a pain when selecting the blades.

Perhaps it is a typical problem from us lefties, but at least we are the more imaginative and creative half of the brain working for us :wink:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
sargey said:
I can see that this would be a problem. I find that the arrangement is great for right handed use and I can find most of the blades in the dark now and deploy most single handed.

One quirk I have though - anyone else feel that the pliars can be hard to put away because they foul up with the blades when gong into the handle?

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Nylon replacement arrived yesterday, my advice to anyone thinking about buying a Charge is go with this option. Much "safer" horizontal carry than the leather option and a noticably lower profile on the belt also.

Top marks to Leatherman Tool also for first class customer support.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i'm not a massive leatherman fan, but i've never heard anything but good experienceswith their customer service dept.

the blast arrived today, very clean and simple, all locking nice long screwdriver blades. the tool holder will work with standard hex bits as well as the flat leatherman bits. the tool holder, which slides over the leatherman's crosshead screwdriver, also fits gerber crosshead screwdrivers!

cheers, and.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
MagiKelly said:
Did you manage to find the fixed lanyard loop yet as opposed to the detachable one? I thought it did not exist till Adi pointed me in the right direction.
OK, I've given in and bought a Charge Ti from E-bay for £69 A lot better than the £115 RRP :biggthump

Can you give us a clue as to where the fixed lanyard point is? I like the penclip and attachable lanyard but they become detached when you you release the Bit-lock which isn't that desirable.

Apart from that I think it's a great piece of kit. A real step up from the wave.

Cheers,

Martin

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
It can be found at the end of the handle were you find the wood saw, it is free moving though so will close onto your lanyard and may cut it so its not much use, the clip on one is probably more secure.

003charge2602059cy.jpg

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Well I never !!!

thanks for that Adi :biggthump I was convinced I had explored all of my new toy :eek:): I tend to use the penclip if I'm not using the sheath but I find the accessory lanyard a pain as it detaches everytime I release the Bit-lock.
But then again, my friend at work uses this to fasten it to the sheath. He removes the lanyard when he needs to use the tool further away. The dangling lanyard reminds him that the tool is not back where it belongs when he's finished the job.

cheers,

Martin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE