Gorse bushes...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Tantalus said:
no not like the correct link you posted above lol

try it yourself and see :D

Tant
hahaha that is bad... most humble apologies Tant :) Weird as I checked the link as usual but somehow it missed the : off the url.

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
I regularly make gorse wine in May/June from the flowers on Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh, and it is a fantastic drink - when young it tastes quite strongly of coconut, but it turns into a much dryer refreshing wine as it ages - my best bottles are now 2 years+ old.

Its a pain to collect the flowers though - need a shopping bag full, and the thorns get your fingers all the time - they freeze well though, so you don't have to make it straight away (remembers he's got a bag in the freezer waiting to be vinified!)

Gorse Tea is also nice, but you need more flowers than you think to impart a strong enough taste. They're also nice in salads as has already been said.

Quick note at this point, be careful not to get Gorse (Ulex europaeus) and Broom (Cytisus scoparius) confused - while gorse is often used medicinally as a diuretic and blood tonic, too much can be a strong purgative!​

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE