Goretex Trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Raz,

For shooting and copicing work have you considered waxed cotton leggings? They are what I usually use for beating, especially in wet cover crops.

Dave

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
That's exactly what I wear.
Infact they're a cross between full overtrousers and proper leggins.
The leg sections are connected by the seat but the front is open. I find this gives good ventilation and allows sweat to evaporate but when I sit down on a wet straw bale the seat keeps my bum dry.
I find it's the best of both worlds :-D

Cheers

Mark

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
They're just a cheapo pair from the Midland Gamefair.
Cost me a tenner :-D
They've got a tear or two from the barbed wire (I hate the stuff :twisted: ) but at that price... I'm planning on getting myself another pair this year.

I like them and can take them off to do the greatfull gamekeeper bit at the end of the day. :shock: :-D

Cheers

Mark

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
They sound ideal, and proboly better in the brambles, are they waterproof on the bum though?
Have you got a link to some?

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Yes they're waterproof on the bum as long as you sit on the waterproof material !
I think they give the best of both worlds of leggins and full overtrousers.

No link though I'm afraid, as I say I bought my pair from a cheap and cheerful store at a gamefair - don't even know the name.

Cheers

Mark

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I've got some Marmot kit (Precip jacket and troosers), which are excellent for hard training (running, etc) outdooras although I do use the troosers mainly when I'm stopped or resting.

You can wash goretex jackets before reproofing them - used Adi007s method. The comments about detergent are correct (don't use it!) but you can use pure soap powder flakes. Bare in mind that it won't get your kit as clean as detergent but maintains the waterproofing.

I've used Nikwax TX Direct washes on North Face Summit Series and my Marmot and it works well at restoring the durable water repellent (DWR) coating. You can also use it on some fleeces too to make them showerproof!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE