Gore Tex jacket and soft shell jacket XL. Price drop.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
This year I got serious about mountains and climbing and I have invested in quality gear. Unfortunatelly it looks like (probably due to regular climbing sessions) I have jumped up a size to XXL. So I have two awesome bits of kit for grabs that I won't use.

Both purchased this year and used few weekend in Snowdonia. Both items are XL and have comfortable fit (especially the softshell, last years edition suffered from tight sleeves, no problems here). Both only just washed first time in nikwax tech wash and still as new:

The Marmot Palisades jacket:
http://marmot.com/products/details/palisades-jacket

Best one I had so far. Waterproof chest pocket, arm pit vents, zip off snow skirt, roll away hood, zip in compatibile. All the possible features from a great brand. The only problem with this one is that I don't have the receipt in my drawer. I believe that I left it at my girlfriends place as she was helping me choose and I can post it as soon as I find it. But at the moment I haven't got it.
RRP £270 but I got it on massive sale for £140. To a good home for £120.

Rab Scimitar soft shell jacket:
http://www.outdoors-online.uk.com/p...XbCU0JuHlsvuK-5cPE3FtMBygxkHV0UcCAaAs078P8HAQ

Great fit unless you pass the 17 stone mark... I had a problem with one stitch so EllisBrigham replaced it for me 29.04.2014 all papers included.
Payed £110, yours for £85.

Any questions just ask.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
What chest are you currently then?
I'm interested in the Marmot but unsure of what chest size you think will be comfortable.

Also as my works computer won't show the photos , what colour is it please?

Last edited:

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Both are green.
I have no idea about my chest, I'll check when I'm home. The soft shell is a bit restricting when I flex my back but the marmot is a very good fit, I love their "angel wings" cut. The only problem I have with it is that I can't fit as many layers as I would want to under this jacket. But if you anything below 6'4'' and 17.5 stones you should be alright :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ok . Mark me down as interested in the Marmot.

I'm under 6 ft but big chested so would be interested in your measurement.

cheers.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
According to my measuring tape I'm 46.5 inches. Like I said the jacket fits, but if I put on 300 fleece and flex my back I can feel it constrict my movements.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
According to my measuring tape I'm 46.5 inches. Like I said the jacket fits, but if I put on 300 fleece and flex my back I can feel it constrict my movements.

Ahh , going to have to pass then - I'm closer to 48" breathing in.

Good luck with the sale.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE