Gordon Ramsey in India

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
I'm not usually a telly person but I've really enjoyed this weeks Gordon Ramsey's adventures in India, I thought they were hilarious, very well structured shows and excellently put together, especially Gordon’s trip to Nagaland last night.

Anyone else watch these, any thoughts.......

goodjob

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I saw the one on the train and the wedding, I'm not much of a GR fan normally but he seemed quite humbled for a change. Until he met the prince that is.

Was last nights a different episode, I thought it was a repeat.

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
I saw the one on the train and the wedding, I'm not much of a GR fan normally but he seemed quite humbled for a change. Until he met the prince that is.

Was last nights a different episode, I thought it was a repeat.

Aye mate, that was good, but lastnights was much better, he went into a very remote jungle area in North East India, Nagaland. Almost chopped his foot off with the parang and was dodging the bullets of the whole community who went hunting for deer together.

In my opinion it was a brilliant piece of filming in a remote area with indigenous people. I actually like him, tells it how it is and I think he's worked very hard to get to where he is, I like most of his programmes.

:)

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I quite enjoyed his programmes when he was being paid to swear and sneer at people. I've loved seeing India on the box (a long time since I went there) but I can't stand the way he talks down to people. My experience of India was that people are generally very respectful, and even mild swearing is considered very offensive. So, filming - good. GR - tw*t.

;)

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
I quite enjoyed his programmes when he was being paid to swear and sneer at people. I've loved seeing India on the box (a long time since I went there) but I can't stand the way he talks down to people. My experience of India was that people are generally very respectful, and even mild swearing is considered very offensive. So, filming - good. GR - tw*t.

;)

Aye mate - he went against some of the p&q's that you would advise a novice adventure traveller about, ie, saying Jesus all the time, together with his usual swear words, but that's Gordon and I agree with you mate, a bit of advice from the right people and maybe he would of made a better effort on that part.

India is a fantastic country and it's people are very receptive to visitors, ironic that the place he visited, Nagaland, I did a research task on about 7 years ago for a project and was bitterly dissapointed when the paymasters didn't see it through, great place.

All in the crews on these programmes work damned hard and many long hours to get the final product on our screens and I think in this case they did a good job, I was also extremely impressed with the 'Top Gear' show recently when they drove through the jungle with the 4x4 vehicles, I thought that was also a class production.

goodjob

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE