Google's Middle Earth Interactive Map

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
I'm quite clearly referring to the map...

Which is nothing but advertising via stills and graphics from the films ... it's even copyrighted

™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and The Hobbit, and the names of the characters, events, items and places therin, are trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises under the license to New Line Productions, Inc.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Och I'm hardly picking a fight. I'm just utterly bemused as to why someone would state that they are not a fan of something and then go on to praise it in the same breath .... almost as if they had'nt seen of what they speak ;)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Och I'm hardly picking a fight. I'm just utterly bemused as to why someone would state that they are not a fan of something and then go on to praise it in the same breath .... almost as if they had'nt seen of what they speak ;)

He likes the map, he doesn't like the movie. Regardless of whether he's seen it or not. Why do you care?

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I don't understand why you can't differentiate between a film and an interactive map. I'm quite clearly separating the two in my post and the post is clearly about the map, not the films. If it were about the films I would've titled the thread in such a way as to indicate that. I admit my opinion of the film was a little misplaced, but it was still related due to the start of the clause in which I stated I was a Middle Earth enthusiast. However, the map has nothing to do with the film. I simply stated that I thought the map was fantastically rendered.

Anyway, I just wanted to show this great map of Middle Earth and showcase the new technology that is available on browsers these days. Fantastic, isn't it?

:)

Yep, it's as simple as that Mountainm. Not sure what the fuss is about.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Looks like a bit of fu for those that think middle earth is a real place:)

funny, I have thought of doing JRR's tours around Birmingham, the house in hall Green where he grew up, Sarehole Mill and associated park, Moseley Bog, the university copied from the numenor men of the west americans with its great tower and halls, two towers round Edgebaston I believe, perhaps the botanical gardens, the founding place of midland bank (you know it!) the orcs of coventry, the misty mountains are probably the malverns that you can see from the licky hills(the popes home turf), they're probably the watch tower of amon Sul.

Thought I could make a fortune precious.

Edit:

The lonely mountain is probably the wrekin, a huge mound, informous ina saying of having to go around it, completely isolated.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE