Goodbye to another friend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Well today was bad. My Lurcher, companion of the last 11 years had a stroke and was put down.
So:
Goodbye to your floppy tongue falling out the side of your mouth whenever you shake your head
Goodbye to your cold nose on the back of the knee when wearing shorts
Goodbye to the drive by licking after applying hand cream
Goodbye to the foot licking after getting out of the shower (still not sure what that was about)
Goodbye to the midnight theft of the duvet
Goodbye to the shadow, always there.

Goodbye to Tia :beerchug:

PIC01013.jpgtia poufe.jpgtia sofa 1.jpg100_2034.jpgtialookup.jpgian and tia 3.jpg

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Its never good losing a faithful hound is it! Its always tough, but she's chasing coneys in her own sun filled endless fields now! Lovely dogs Lurchers!

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
I feel your pain fella. My wee Lakeland terrier was put to sleep last year and he was 17. I now have a lurcher pup who is now 10months and not too unlike your Tia

collie

Jan 31, 2010
limavady N.I.
Very sorry for your loss. Had to put my boy of 14years to sleep last year and stiil call him when out and about. Have a new one now to continue on as could never replace him.
Eugene

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
So sorry to hear this, I lost my lurcher two years ago and still miss her, they're great dogs. She'll always be in your heart.

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown... [/SIZE]

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
So sorry to hear about your loss, my own dog is 11 years old and I'm only too aware of what lies ahead in the next few years. It's never easy but take comfort that you had those times together, you'll never lose the memories.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE