Good value - wildlife spotting scope

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
I was a friend's on line auction house yesterday as he had asked my to appraise a spotting scope made by Fujinon (those of you who know will be aware that optics are my "thing"). I was genuinely surprised by the quality of it in terms of light gathering ability and the clarity for the expected final price, eapecially as it is one of the lesser known brands. It also has a huge exit pupil which makes for a nice large eyepiece. Anyhow, here is the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUJINON-2...Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item5d36d4fdf7

Make your own mind up on whether it is worth bidding on, but I would suggest at current market prices (and given that the market is awash with high end scopes as there have recently been a number of new models released by top quality optics manufacturers) that this may well realise as little as £70 - £100, find a cheaper end tripod for approx £30 and you could have a nature watching kit for around a ton. Given that at the top end of the market a connossiuer colus spend in excess of two grand that seems like a bargain to me.

(n.b. I have no financial or other interest in this item)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE