Good stove on eBay, go get one

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
These are cracking value for money. The seller must have a load of them, because they are on sale on a regular basis. They usually go for under £15. I have a couple of them and they do out perform the Swedish Army Trangia by a mile, go get one (I am in no way connected with the seller), and are much lighter to carry. Two good size pans plus a fry pan lid, can't go wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Optimus-91Pur...1QQihZ017QQcategoryZ19296QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Wow, yes that does look like a really great stove!

I don't want to come off as rude, but wouldn't a Trangia 28 'mini' be just as good a choice? I'm thinking even better because it's a tad smaller.

Anyone want to dispute me on this one?

Adam

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
One amusing point in the description:

Boil Time: 0.5ltr > 6 mins

Now, do you think they actually meant "less than 6 mins" and got the symbol wrong, or are they hoping that the reader reads it as that while allowing them to claim perfect honesty? Or are they just cleverly misrepresenting the boil time? (As in "well, we didn't say how much greater than 6 minutes.")

And your bonus question is: am I paranoid? ;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
lol, I don't think his maths notation is up to much, but I guess 6 mins for half a litre is about right, I'll try one out tonight and let you know.

They are a serious little stove, and well worth the money, but then, I'm a Trangia man at heart ;)

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
They look a good little stove. I've had an Optimus Trapper stove for years (I guess about 20) and it looks loosely similiar to that. Sadly, it doesn't get much use now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE