Good, cheap work clothes for the garden and where to get them?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
My partner recently asked about tough work clothes for gardening duties in all conditions. Something to offer resistance to thorns and tears but is comfortable. I said look at farmers shops.

Does anyone have recommendations on where to get good, cheap and tough work clothings for the outdoors? For me i am thinking of trousers and something on top half. For my partner she is thinking the good old dungarees, do they still make them for outdoors work?

I figure there are enough farmers, smallholders, gardeners and forestry workers on here to get some good ideas.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Have a look at country sports apparel - the beaters don't wear expensive clothing :)

Have a browse in suppliers like New Forest Clothing - there are thorn proof trousers and the like for under £40 such as Percussion Tradition trousers.

Astrochicken

Jan 15, 2024
LLanrwst
Personally I use work wear clothing from Screwfix, Toolstation and bits from Aldi. Most of this won't be particularly waterproof, but is very hardwearing and very cost-effective. I've had £10 Aldi trousers last years, and the plus for workwear trousers is that they often have knee pad pockets, so for another £5 I can put foam pad inserts in that work wonders when down on the ground.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I always used to wear shirts and trousers from Dickies when i was working in the woods, they are cheap, bombproof and comfortable, lots of pockets for "stuff" as well as knee pad pockets.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Does anyone have recommendations on where to get good, cheap and tough work clothings for the outdoors? For me i am thinking of trousers and something on top half. For my partner she is thinking the good old dungarees, do they still make them for outdoors work?
Try Farmfit they sell real workwear in most styles

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE