going to a rock festival and need some ideas for food to take

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 26, 2007
romford
the food they sell at this festival is over priced not filling or healthy and am wondering if you can give some suggestions for food to cook over the hexi stove/coal bbq going to be camping for 4 days all help apprechiated cheers guys

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
the very first time my wife and I went camping, all we had to cook on was a campingaz single burner stove and a handful of disposable bbq's. used the gas stove for boiling and frying eggs for breakfast, and the bbq's for everything else - yes bbq'd breakfast is a posibility :)

While that might be a generalisation, it does show that you can still cook almost what you would at home - just slightly differently.

hope that might be of some help

Nov 26, 2007
romford
Going to Sonisphere and unfortunately your not allowed to bring gas to cook on and yep we are going by car. i am guessing veg and canned foods is the way to go just dont know where to look for it and some intresting ways of cooking it would be good to :D

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
chicken vindaloo, rice and naan bread there is nothing else worthy although in my youth i used to buy a family bucket of kfc the night before and eat it into the next day :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Rock festival? canned food is king, its mud proof. Take a load of cheese sarnies, they will last a couple of days without killing you. Cakes, biscuits and loads to drink both booze and water. Sarnies are good food that take no heating, sardines, tuna, salmon, corned beef, spam etc.

Last edited:

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
At Beautiful days really me and the missus just took breakfast stuff and snacks, the food there was brilliant, mega choice! lots of healthy stuff (or unhealthy stuff too) we're thinking about enquiring about open fires this time round as there were quite a few set up within certain area's

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Super noodles are easy, so is couscous. Take a small salami (They keep well without refrigeration) Tinned cheese from tescos Pitta breads, soups, tomato puree some of those self sealing bags that banks use for change with some of your fave herbs to give the bland stuff some zing.... granola bars.. oh and lots of beer :D

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Goat's Head Soup, then Dixie Chicken, followed by American Pie, all washed down with Red, Red Wine?

Sorry...

Last edited:

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
1330_lg.gif

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Hi
If you've got water and food is just a quick energy boost then all you need is batchalors/cross and b pasta sauces with a few extras ( chorizo/mushrooms/Frozen packs of veg will stay fresh for a weekend ie Brocolli/mixed ) It's easy really . I wouldn't worry about the healthy side of things , It's about energy . And sometimes uberhealthy eating can also mean very ill .
Cheers , Trev .
Or you could source some of these http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1300842214775 . With some rice etc the cost is minimal . oh instead of rice I recommend spelt .

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE