Goals as a woodsman?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheNative

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2013
The Frontier
www.youtube.com
What goals do people have and challenges they wish to fulfil as a woodsman? These could be anything from travel to kit building to skill improvement..

-I myself want to travel to many different environments to test and improve my bushcraft and survival knowledge so I would be more able to cope in foreign countries if I were in danger in the wilderness and had to fend for myself for an extended period of time.

-I also want to greatly improve my primitive skills, plant ID and tracking because this is the area of bushcraft that I mainly focus on and I feel I have a greater connection with the earth when I put these into practise.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
For me its working with every type of Native and introduced species of wood using various methods and various products created, mostly bows.
Not sure its a Goal as such more an interest that will probably one day take me in a different direction.
All the other stuff just helps makes your time in the woods easier and more enjoyable.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Get better at plant identification and learn their taxonomic names. Trees I can do but the huge range of other, lowly plants - including their uses, where appropriate - still remains something of a mystery. I know some but not nearly enough...

Also, I'd like to try and improve my identification of fungi, again learning their taxonomic names, to make the process of fungi foraging that bit safer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE