Go Outdoors -great service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Have been after a new pair of trainers for a while and spotted that Go Outdoors have a pair of North Face Hedgehogs on their website for £55 (£60 once delivery's added). The normal retail is about £80, and with the Go Outdoors discount card they are £72 instore so that's not a bad deal.
134406_366_45.jpg

I thought I'd pop in to the Coventry store today to try a pair on, with the intention that I'd then drive home and order on the web.

When I mentioned this to the guys in the shop they told me that the web team were literally sitting upstairs from us, and that if I ordered online they'd just wander down and pick up the exact same pair I'd just tried on and post them to me.

Go Outdoors have a policy to price match plus 10% if you find the same item cheaper online, but they understandably exclude their own website. Even so the sales chap offered to see whether they could let me have the web price in store - saves on effort and the environment etc.

So turns out not only did he let me have the web price (without delivery) but also added the 10% discount - so rather than RRP £80 they cost me £49.50 :)

I know Go Outdoors aren't everyone's favourite supplier, but I was dead impressed today - I didn't ask for anything extra, just wanted to check that the web deal was still in effect, so mega chuffed with the way they sorted it out. :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've always had good service from them too. I used to take a twelve mile detour home from work sometimes to visit them but now they've opened a branch about ten minutes from home :approve:

Handy to have especially now the local Blacks and Millets are going.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
I have to addmit Go-outdoors has become one of my fave stores for gear since they opened in Coatbridge
Have had great service from them everytime I've been in

scott

Hi, my 1st post.

Yes, Go-Outdoors is a very good shop and I'm lucky to pass a Go-Outdoors store when I cycle to work. I've had a few bargains since it's opened and the staff are very helpful and some give helpful hints and tips on camping. I did nearly get a Vango Banshee 300 from there, I got elsewhere for 1/2 price post free. I could of got a price-match plus 10%, but could't be bothered.

My next best shop is Nevisport which is ok, but tends to be more expensive. Although, are good when the sales are on.

But then Nevisport might have items in stock, where's Go-Outdoors don't stock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE