Go Lite Hex 3 Shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
I used one for the first time this weekend, very light and quick to put up,the only problem I had was trying to sort the groundsheet out. It's supposed to form a tub like arrangement but the one I used just laid flat but thats probably me and not the design thats at fault. Loads of space for one, enough for two and very friendly for three. Overall I think it's a fair bit of kit, other problems are if it's raining and you open the door, the rain comes straight in and onto the ground sheet and the reflective tapes used on the peg loops make it stand out like a lit up christmas tree.

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
Thanks – I had read a good review of them on a camping site, however, I really didn’t like the sound of the reflective tape on the peg loops either.

N

nowhere

I've had a Hex 3 for a couple of months now and i think it's very good (i asked a similar question back then). Versatile with or without the use of the inner nest also. I had the same probs with wet weather to begin with, and had to get used to opening the door all the way back keeping it taught so that the water would run outside.

The nest shape sounds strange steve a, mine is raised at the edges.

The reflective strips can help you find the tent! And will only reflect if someone actually shines a light at it obviously!

Steve

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
The problem I had was with the groundsheet and not the nest or innertent which I did not use. The ground sheet did has a raised material panel around the parimeter of the ground sheet but when I put the tent up the wall seemed to stretch out flat, even after bringing the pegs in a bit and lowering the tent height the ground sheet still lay flat. It was no problem over the weekend because we enjoyed the fantastic weather it may be a problem at a later date. Any advise on pitching it will be appreciated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE