gnomish cleaver

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Yeah, I heard the stories a thousand times. Allegedly the fleas fled the dead cat and made their new home in his clothes, trying to eat him alive. Wasn't a fun 5 years that's for sure. Apparently being infested with fleas is not pleasant and coal mining is hard work. Hmm...
Grim Hellize! I do have some notion of being eaten by flea's over a longer time than one would want, but glad to say I know nothing of eating cats nor digging coal, truly grim!

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Grim Hellize! I do have some notion of being eaten by flea's over a longer time than one would want, but glad to say I know nothing of eating cats nor digging coal, truly grim!
Yes, it must have been. :( Basically they stole his finest young years from him. You know, the russians didn't really liked the party at Leningrad, so after the war they collected throngs of people from the east of Berlin with german ancestry and forced them to toil in mines and rebuilding their country. We are partially Schwabisch so he and around 70 other young boys from our village was deported to Siberia at the age of 16 or 17, I think. But was still enormously lucky ending up in a coal mine, and not in a mercury, sulfur or uranium mine. Only one out of 3 people came home, from that frozen hellhole. But, thanks to the old gods and the new :) he did and being extra horny and all, quickly knocked up the first girl coming into his way, my execrable grandma', so appeared my dad, and eventually me, to bore you guys with my weird tales :D
Anyway, after months of living on boiled cabbage, I am pretty sure that the commissar's fat cat would seem pretty inviting to you too ;)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Yes, it must have been. :( Basically they stole his finest young years from him. You know, the russians didn't really liked the party at Leningrad, so after the war they collected throngs of people from the east of Berlin with german ancestry and forced them to toil in mines and rebuilding their country. We are partially Schwabisch so he and around 70 other young boys from our village was deported to Siberia at the age of 16 or 17, I think. But was still enormously lucky ending up in a coal mine, and not in a mercury, sulfur or uranium mine. Only one out of 3 people came home, from that frozen hellhole. But, thanks to the old gods and the new :) he did and being extra horny and all, quickly knocked up the first girl coming into his way, my execrable grandma', so appeared my dad, and eventually me, to bore you guys with my weird tales :D
Anyway, after months of living on boiled cabbage, I am pretty sure that the commissar's fat cat would seem pretty inviting to you too ;)

Cool story, but, are you sure you mean "execrable"? If anyone described my nana as execrable I'd punch them square in the jaw.

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Cool story, but, are you sure you mean "execrable"? If anyone described my nana as execrable I'd punch them square in the jaw.
Well, the almighty google translate tells me that it means "extremely bad or unpleasant". Which is exactly what I wanted to write :D
My other grandma' from my mother's side is a real saint! But this woman is just terrible. You would agree, if you knew her.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Well, the almighty google translate tells me that it means "extremely bad or unpleasant". Which is exactly what I wanted to write :D
My other grandma' from my mother's side is a real saint! But this woman is just terrible. You would agree, if you knew her.

Clearly you did mean execrable, maybe it's your grandma that needs punching square in the jaw?

Edit: wierd autocorrect.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
and being extra horny and all, quickly knocked up the first girl coming into his way, my execrable grandma

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Quote of the day. :beerchug:

I know I commented elsewhere, but I'll praise that knife again. It really does look like a Spyderco Roadie that's reached puberty and become all manly and hairy. :D

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
My empathy Hellize, We are Ashkenazi Jews on my mothers side, my grandfather had the good fortune to get the hell out of I believe the Ukraine to England and not suffer the worst of the persecutions.
We seem to go off topic a lot! cant say I mind, history is fascinating, but also comes with sadness some times. We are still young and foolish and callous as creatures so much for us to understand still, of what is about us and of are own kin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
OT threads are often the best reads. Here I am learning part of the family history of a Romanian I hold in high regard both for his knife making skills and generosity, and another guy whose posts I generally enjoy, who have found common ground with each other. Nothing wrong with that, it's more interesting than the latest Mora etc. :)

Reactions: snappingturtle
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
OT threads are often the best reads. Here I am learning part of the family history of a Romanian I hold in high regard both for his knife making skills and generosity, and another guy whose posts I generally enjoy, who have found common ground with each other. Nothing wrong with that, it's more interesting than the latest Mora etc. :)
Aint that a truth! Every one carry's a book, that becomes part of a social group, a nation and a global history, this site feel so much like a great camp fire we look across the flames at each other, we look too are tools and clothing voicing there merit or lack of! give account of are knowledge, and some times share the draught of are past and consider the potential of the morro, we have some thing special here!

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
My empathy Hellize, We are Ashkenazi Jews on my mothers side, my grandfather had the good fortune to get the hell out of I believe the Ukraine to England and not suffer the worst of the persecutions.
We seem to go off topic a lot! cant say I mind, history is fascinating, but also comes with sadness some times. We are still young and foolish and callous as creatures so much for us to understand still, of what is about us and of are own kin.
Yeah, that thing was even even worse :(
And you are right of course. It is quite ridiculous if you think about it. It is like, if my beagle hated the dachshund next door, not realizing that they are both simply dogs and that's it. Anything else is just a far-fetched label.

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
:) I don't mind, I enjoy it actually :)
But I am not really 100% romanian, I just happen to born here. However I am 1/8 romanian from my grandpa's side, who I mentioned before. Mostly I am german/schwabisch but I also have a bit of hungarian blood, and who knows what else :D

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Aint that a truth! Every one carry's a book, that becomes part of a social group, a nation and a global history, this site feel so much like a great camp fire we look across the flames at each other, we look too are tools and clothing voicing there merit or lack of! give account of are knowledge, and some times share the draught of are past and consider the potential of the morro, we have some thing special here!
I guess we have :) and I must thank you for it!
It would be so cool to actually get drunk someday together around that camp fire.

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE