Glow In the Dark Knife Handle Material

May 3, 2011
Alabama, USA
When I was a Staff Sergeant in the US Army I took the Cat Eyes, the small pieces of luminous tape that were sewn on the back of our camouflage bands on our helmets, and super glued them to the scales of my Swiss Champ. When working under a poncho hooch fixing a bite to eat the glow was enough to keep me from feeling around in the dark.

Worked for me!

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
If you go into a fishing shop to buy them you will find there called isotopes. Retail around £5 each and there from 10mm x2mm upwards. The largest i have seen is 20mm x 2mm.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
GPS Agencies (www.ivoryalternative.com) can get the Moonglow in 1/8" thickness but it's Beth expensive.

Warrensmiths BB user name is warrensmith. He may be your best bet if you want glowing micarta.

GPS are getting me a price for the Moonglow. I'll post it up later.

In the UK, no. I think there's another handle material that knifemakers use that may do (again, not in the UK) - called Moonglow, maybe.

Duncan might be doing a kinfekits order soon - give him a nudge and get it added on. :p

sorry to late its here

I did get some of their GITD Powder but not the scales its to thin at 5mm fro my stuff and a waste for the cost as a thick liner

GPS are about to order from their USA supplier this week

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE