Glasgow bushcrafters/wild campers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
If one of you lads organises a meet in west lothian I'm sure some of us a bit further afield would also come along.

We're having a meetup at loch maree in the highlands last weekend of Feb, all are welcome

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

wales1

Aug 3, 2011
dumfriesshire
I'm down the road near lockerbie. Do a bit of wildcamping and kayak/canoeing up around the highlands throughout the year. Seems to be a few folk around the area :)

Steve

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Hello, I am down in Galloway off the map where thar be monsters i.e about an hour and a half away :)
Spend a bit of time up in Glasgow and pass through often enough with reenactment shows and such.
Id be happy to meet up wi folks and thinking of organising a meet down here.
Kat

Hi Kat as you are in Galloway can I ask:~ Southerness holiday park any good for a family Glamp out? The wife is considering it as a summer camp for a few days with me & our 3 boys age 8,10 & 13 my wife wouldn't tolerate "totaly wild camping", she recons she needs toilet & shower facilities as part of her basic needs in order to survive... the monsters wont be a problem as the wife will be with us...

I say Glamping but just to make it clear we do have our own tent & stuff... lots & lots of stuff!

Last edited:
HAha its only about a 15min drive from where i live. I dont want to get in trouble here but I gotta be honest there are much nicer places to go Glamping nearby though i am not sure how they compare price wise. Some families realy like southerness because of its pool and facilities but if you like nature you may be dissapointed. There are others like Barend near Sandyhills, Mossyard, Galloway Activity Centre and Gorsebank looks really rather good.
Dont worry I wont judge you for Glamping.
The boys might love Laggan Outdoor, I know I do!
If you want send me a wee message as I work at a castle in the area in the summer and know it quite well.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
cheers Kat. food for thought! glamping for me is just wild camping with toilets & loads of kit, a clearing in the middle of a wood with a toilet block with a fresh water supply nearby would be blis... this is kinda what I had in mind, this was the last time we went tenting, there was virtualy nothing on site for the kids except a play park & even that was a good 10 minutes walk from our tent. Probably closer to mine craft than bush craft?

Family camp @ Redgates in Maidens 16 July 2014

camp kitchen breakfast time looking a bit untidy,

camp kitchen (prepairing the vegies for taties & mince)

Trangia Mince n taties

the kids are of an age where they get board easily,that was why we were looking at sotherness, so thanx we will take note of your other place sugestions & look them up if we do decide on southerness we could always visit the other places you mentioned for future reference.

Last edited:

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Where's everyones usual haunts? Good places for meets?

I've not had much time this year so have been heading to eastern Trossachs. Hit Loch Chon a few times but the area has logging activity in the area just now

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE