giving away, first come...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

Tumper

SAS survival, lofty wiseman - the large softback version - Taken!
Collins pocket guide to trees 1998 - Taken!
The Art of Shooting by Charles Lancaster - 12th edition, 1954, no dust jacket - Taken!

anyone who is interested pm me.

T

Tumper

I thought of that, but i dont want anything for them...will even pay the postage as long as i know they are going to a good home.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
You are quite right Tumper It doesn't need to be in members classified :biggthump

Members classified is for buying, selling and trade...... if you do not want anything for them and are just giving them away then please do so in the relavant forum :)

Ed

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Nice move Tumper :biggthump

I always thought giving away books for free like leaving it on a park bench etc was a real way to share stuff. Check out Book Crossing which is based on this principal:

Book Crossing

I like this way because not only do you get to share the books but you also get feedback on what other people thought about it etc and the opportunity to read others for free.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
What a good gesture mate. Well done to you MR - YOU CERTAINLY COME UP WITH SOME GOOD SITES AND THAT IS A GREAT IDEA ME THINKS. :biggthump

T

Tumper

An excellent site, I wish i had seen it before I packaged my books. Perhaps the receipients could enter them in the database when they have finished reading.

Books are both knowledge and memories , as such thier true value is only realised when shared.

T

Tumper

Sorry, I thought it had to be in the members classifieds.

No worries, I was in 2 minds myself....nice to have it made clear by the bosses 'tho :)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Glad thats cleared up :bggthump

The way we look at it is if you are making something out of it (money from selling, new kit from trading) then you need to be a paid up member and use the members classified section..... if you are making nothing from it (just giving things away..... you may charge postage AT COST) anyone can do it.... you do not need to be a paid up member.

Hope that helps :biggthump

:)
Ed

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Just a thought, but how about a sub-forum for 'Giveaways and Swaps'?

That way people know where to post and I like the idea of offering stuff for free or to swap :)

For instance a bit like 'book crossing' except specific to 'members here' who can give away/ swap books and then comment on them in the forum and pass them on in the same way. No money involved (except perhaps for postage at cost etc. which can be clearly stated on post) :?:

I am happy to add some books to get it started. :wink:

Simon

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
sounds even better to a skinflint like me!
I am a big believer in free barter, which is close to the bushcraft ethic. Bushcraft was about long before money was invented and as Gary says
"back to basics" :super:

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
:You_Rock_ guys and girls

the whole idea of sharing info and even kit is what this whole forum is about innit?

heck imagine if everyone went off and lit their own fire to sit by on their own :shock:

Tant

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE