Giants Seat July Meet (Pic Heavy)

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hi Guys and Gals

We recently had a meet at Giants Seat Scout Camp, for those that came thanks for a great weekend. I don't think i've laughed that much EVER, special thanks go to Riam aka Fox for his fireside Rambo Impressions and Alan for his First Aid Trauma Care Skills share.

The weather started well with the rain staying off until about 7pm on the Saturday night.

Friday I had a nightmare, i wanted to be onsite for about 4pm, to set up and get myself organised. Unfortunately I was coming back from Coventry and got stuck in a mammoth traffic Jam, it was 7pm by the time i got to the site and then had to set up.

DSCF6132.jpg

Friday night was spent cooking my dinner using the fire of the most gracious Priam and Sam. We had a few beers and enjoyed some good conversation and discussion about the merits of less kit more skill (as we sat by the range with approx 25kg of metalwork cooking my meal)

On the Saturday morning after a very restful sleep, I got up and decided to have a wander before breakfast.

These were my efforts at photography as i was playing with my new compact camera

DSCF6231.jpg

DSCF6230.jpg

DSCF6234.jpg

DSCF6233.jpg

Myself and Alan ad discussed offering a skill share session later in the day and he was busy getting the relevant kit together so i took this opportunity to go an have some Brekky.

Fried potatoes, sausage, Pork Chops, Bacon, and Chorizo went into the Dutch and then into me mmmmmmm

DSCF6139.jpg

DSCF6147.jpg

As i can back towards the main communal area Carl arrived for a Brew and a catch up. After realising that my brew bag was still on the side at home and after pinching a "coffee bag" (marvellous invention) from said Carl we had a brew and then went for another mooch.

DSCF6151.jpg

DSCF6152.jpg

DSCF6221.jpg

DSCF6222.jpg

DSCF6235.jpg

DSCF6236.jpg

DSCF6223.jpg

DSCF6237.jpg

We found SHEDLOADS of Hymalayan Balsam (sp?) that has sprung up and choked a lot of the paths making it hard going.............. Unless you happen to have a Carl with you with a VERY sharp kukri come parrang!! (no pictures sorry i was too busy hacking through the undergrowth!!)

DSCF6230.jpg

We then headed back as it was time for Alans Trauma care demo, which went I thought VERY well. There was plenty of group participation with people playing stretcher bearers and casualties. There was also a decent amount of discussion as well as lots of questions.

Here are some pics

DSCF6167.jpg

DSCF6171.jpg

DSCF6173.jpg

DSCF6174.jpg

DSCF6187.jpg

DSCF6186.jpg

DSCF6181.jpg

DSCF6180.jpg

DSCF6198.jpg

About half way through Riam, Crowman, and Jim_Aramis turned up and looked a little worried as to what was going on

(can't say i blame them really lol)
DSCF6194.jpg

The group looked quite entertained for most of the talk and especially enjoyed the putting the leg in traction bit, (if you were there you know what i mean!!)

DSCF6153.jpg

DSCF6154.jpg

DSCF6156.jpg

DSCF6157.jpg

DSCF6158.jpg

Once set up Riam decided that an Impromptu archery competition was is order (which he won hands down)

DSCF6207.jpg

DSCF6206.jpg

DSCF6205.jpg

DSCF6209.jpg

DSCF6208.jpg

Although Callum gave him a run for his money!!

DSCF6210.jpg

DSCF6211.jpg

DSCF6212.jpg

Another night of fun was had on the Saturday with Unga Bunga Sticks and the ancient dance of KAkiole being performed by Crowman (dont ask)

no pics as it was a little soggy!!!

Then sunday morning waking up and the eventual inevitable packing up of the gear :(

DSCF6215.jpg

DSCF6217.jpg

DSCF6220.jpg

DSCF6218.jpg

Thanks to all that came, and those that couldn't make it better luck next time.

DSCF6199.jpg

DSCF6201.jpg

DSCF6202.jpg

The dates are already up for the next EXTENDED meet in september, so get it booked off and come down and join us!!

Dave

P.s if anyone else has any pics add them to this thread please.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE