getting rid of a fox humanely.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I think there's been some misunderstanding here about the sort of people Rob works with. They're not "children", they're at-risk young offenders, mostly one step away from jail. It's not a question of "hiding the truth" from them, it's a question of not allowing them anywhere near guns. Especially guns and animals together.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That makes sense - its not particularly clear on the website (reference to diffcult circumstances and homelessness but none I could see to offending). Still quite logical to live trap and destroy offsite and be upfront about that's what happening I think.

Red

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
get a llama! foxes wont go anywhere near them , i have a friend in Devon who keeps them in the same paddock as her chooks , geese , ducks and turkeys and has NEVER lost a bird to a fox.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Interesting point FF and true. Although apparently if you have more than one they forma llama herd and ignore the other animals rather than protecting them! Odd huh?

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
get a llama! foxes wont go anywhere near them , i have a friend in Devon who keeps them in the same paddock as her chooks , geese , ducks and turkeys and has NEVER lost a bird to a fox.

great idea! i've been thinking of getting another ruminant recently and a llama would tick boxes other than fox proofing. I'll do a bit more research and if other evidence supports this i might just go for it.

cheers FF.

beyond that, with the input you guys have given, i'll probably go for trap and dispatch for reasons suggested by all.

thanks for your help

rob

Interesting point FF and true. Although apparently if you have more than one they forma llama herd and ignore the other animals rather than protecting them! Odd huh?

yep was an artical im one of the small holder mags about it but for Alpacas (which i assume are small lama types) they all seem to have big sections on Alpacas now in them now .

I dont see the problem for a Silenced rifle and a night sight but you do have to Find the fox in the right place but a trap or traps can be be on duty 24 / 7
tho as stated more will move in to teh area

there was a method of control that ment you wouldnt nessicerily need to kill the fox but the Gov banned that (Fox hunting) now we need to Shoot many more :(

ATB

Duncan

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Have you tried wolf p*ss? - You can buy it in bottles on t'interweb.
I've also heard of people urinating in areas themselves.
It may work, but perhaps if the fox gets hungry, he's not going to care about any scent markings.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE