German Army Gortex waterproofs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Fella, have a scout on ebay I got a Flecktarn gore coat for £6.Nice bit of kit that doesn't matter if trashed.
Dave

ehedwr

Apr 17, 2007
Pontypool
I have a jacket, tested it out with a shower head when I got it and it soaked through to my arm like it was made of tissue. Since then I machine washed it with the Nikwax waterproofer but haven't tested it since properly, only light rain. The zip is a bit fragile, but it does pack down nice and small.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Any experience anyone? Can get a set (jkt & trs) posted from Germany to UK for £33.

I bought a set from a guy in Grafenwöhr, Germany off of ebay. Got the XL size which turned out to be a bit small and tight for my XFB dimensions. I then ordered the XXL size from the guy only to find when it arrived it was XL again. When I messaged him he apologised and said he didn't have the XXL size I was after, despite advertising them!!!

Reading through the guys feedbacks a lot of people do say that they wish they'd ordered a size up. Give him his fair dues he did refund me totally including the return postage as well.

according to my experience: waterproof? yes! windproof? yes! breathable? NO(like ALL gore-tex-stuff i came across)! once i was forced to wear the whole suit after dome drops of rain (less than a teaspoon full!) fell down and some wimps decided to don theirs. due to the fact that in an "army" everybody has to be dressed similar i was ordered to wear mine,too. i've never been so close to a heatstroke and was literally soaked in sweat after less than 30minutes. but at least they were pretty solid.

according to my experience: waterproof? yes! windproof? yes! breathable? NO(like ALL gore-tex-stuff i came across)! once i was forced to wear the whole suit after dome drops of rain (less than a teaspoon full!) fell down and some wimps decided to don theirs. due to the fact that in an "army" everybody has to be dressed similar i was ordered to wear mine,too. i've never been so close to a heatstroke and was literally soaked in sweat after less than 30minutes. but at least they were pretty solid.

"Disappointed by the monkeys, god created man. Then he renounced to further experiments" Mark Twain

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE