Gerber LMF 2

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Less than a year old, well used but still in one piece, cost £100. Slight damage to end of rubber handle near the blade where it has hit branches as I've been hacking or de-limbing, other than that a very tough and reliable knife. Sheath is totally bomb proof.

Would like to swap for UK military arctic sleeping bag in good condition, a backpack around 90 litres or more or a smaller knife of around the same price when new.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Cool that's two offers, what's the age, condition out of 10 ?
Also is it down or synthetic ?

wolf_diver

Forager
Jan 21, 2007
Weymouth Dorset
Its a 9, synthetic. As not had a down one since Marine training in 1988. Loads of room in them and two internal pockets for your wet socks or a mars bar and your mobile.

Jay

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
is it large or medium size ? I'm after a medium, was really after the downfilled one too although I have to say I am a little put off by the thought of a down filled bag being a minimum of 21 years old.
Doesn't matter too much if it's a large, I can always get it modified.
Pm sent with my number if you want to phone me.

wolf_diver

Forager
Jan 21, 2007
Weymouth Dorset
The down ones are ok but if wet are a pig to stay warm in and have cold spots too, I have used the newer bags all over the world down to -30 and had a good nights sleep even if slightly wet. Most are quite large because we put weapons boots etc in them in freezing weather, will check it out.

Jay

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Ahh right so it would be your own bag that you were issued and have personal experience with that you would be swapping. Good to get info from someone who's used both down and fibre filled bags.
Minus thirty sounds colder than anything I'd be using it for, but I always seem to run cold so I want something that I KNOW will keep me nice and warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE