Gerber infantry series

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I was just browsing really but will be going to Sandhurst in next couple of years so might need to put some cash aside for "necessity items" :D:D:D:D

Improviser

Tenderfoot
I have the LMF2 & like it although more as a tough heavy duty all round camp knife than a fine carver woodworking blade such as a mora ect.

IMO takes a sharp edge easily and holds it well great at battoning & better at chopping than i initially thought due to the weight and stoutness of the blade. Feels and is much more robust and up for a pounding than my admittedly lighter SOG seal pup elite.

Wish it was available with a straight edge tho but as it is designed as a military survival knife the serrated edge and the knife as a whole should serve your intended situations well.

Note i bought mine on an offer a year ago from from knifecenter in the US & even with uk vat & shipping it still worked out on average 30 quid cheaper than i could have bought it here, worth a search.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
When I bought my first serrated blade, I was pumped up and thought I was going to love it. Well, that "love" never blossomed. What I discovered was that If you were going to cut a LOT of rope, a serrated blade was great. If not, they are not really very useful. Trying to whittle anything with a serrated blade is an exercise in frustration.

On knives that are only partially serrated, the serrations are invariably located on that part of the blade where most of the cutting takes place, thereby making the knife ineffective for cutting most other things. My advice is to forget them. Any of the so-called "bushcraft" type knives such as the Skookum Tool, Ray Mears, Enzo "trapper" or for that matter, a Mora "Clipper" is vastly more useful in the real world. Anyway, that's my considered opinion, based on owning both types and using them extensively.

Congratulations on Sandhurst. Quite an honor.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I was just browsing really but will be going to Sandhurst in next couple of years so might need to put some cash aside for "necessity items" :D:D:D:D

Without derailing your thread on the LMF...

I don't think you'll need one for Sandhurst...The issue Kit will be fine for your training...

Cheers

John

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland

Wilderbeast, if you turn up for selection with one of those in your kit, it will count against you, spend your cash on a nice tweed jacket and a decent pair of shoes instead.

Cadet applicants who bring along 'Gucci' ventile jackets and such are politely told to keep them packed away and instructed to make use of the issue jackets and equipment. Cadet applicants who arrive toting knives like the one featured above are likely to be considered to be a bit of a 'Walter Mitty', not a good start to your career.

One thing that you will find handy though is a decent multi-tool.

:)

Last edited:

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Wilderbeast, if you turn up for selection with one of those in your kit, it will count against you, spend your cash on a nice tweed jacket and a decent pair of shoes instead.

Cadet applicants who bring along 'Gucci' ventile jackets and such are politely told to keep them packed away and instructed to make use of the issue jackets and equipment. Cadet applicants who arrive toting knives like the one featured above are likely to be considered to be a bit of a 'Walter Mitty', not a good start to your career.

One thing that you will find handy though is a decent multi-tool.

:)

cheers for the heads up! I was just kidding really, very partial to the irrelevant internet browse! But thanks for the heads up anyway, if you have any more useful advice please PM me, help like that is invaluable!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE