George Fisher, Keswick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
So yesterday at 3:30pm I ordered some Arcteryx trousers from http://www.georgefisher.co.uk and this morning at 9:00am they were waiting for me at my office. I have never used them before (never even heard of them before a bit of googling over the last few days) but will be again - great service.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Keswick is a glorious place Joe, Derwent Water is beautiful and you could occupy yourself for some considerable time in George Fisher. There are outdoor shops in abundance up there....time I went for another visit..

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Keswick is a glorious place Joe, Derwent Water is beautiful and you could occupy yourself for some considerable time in George Fisher. There are outdoor shops in abundance up there....time I went for another visit..

I admit to doing some googling at work today and the area does look lovely. Good luck with the finances when you go too Stu ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I needed another rucksack to bring back the stuff I bought last time I shopped there :eek:
I was doing fieldwork in Matterdale and we had a day off :rolleyes:
It was good though; I got two birthday and four Christmas presents sorted :D

M

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
I think Fishers may have equipped the 1920's + 1930's Everest expeditions ???

Also the best boot fitting department I've come across. Ace cafe upstairs too

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I needed another rucksack to bring back the stuff I bought last time I shopped there :eek:
I was doing fieldwork in Matterdale and we had a day off :rolleyes:
It was good though; I got two birthday and four Christmas presents sorted :D

M

They do have a nice range of clothing and equipment, I could happily empty my bank account there and only scratch the surface.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I'm only allowed in there if accompanied by my wife, or I'd have no money! They are also a dog friendly store, which is a nice thing.

Dave

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I admit to doing some googling at work today and the area does look lovely. Good luck with the finances when you go too Stu ;)
I've ridden that storm out a few times Joe.....the other complication was when I dropped off the M6 near Garstang to visit the Tamarack store which, as people will know, is even more bushcrafty

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I'm suffering major withdrawal for not being in the lakes for a couple of years now, miss it like crazy and wish I could convince the mrs to move up there. Been into George Fisher a few times over the years and I've always been impressed with the service.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Discovered Keswick about 30 years ago and have been there and Ambleside, nearly every year since, even if it was only
for a couple of nights. We used to camp at the official camp site in Keswick, but now getting on a bit, and SHMBO has
decided that it is time to look for better comforts like self catering accommodation. There is a great outdoor shop in Keswick
( not your usual camping store though there are a few of them as well ). This one has the best selection of knives for
the outdoors in the whole of Britain I think. It is down a side alley on the opposite side of the main road through the town from the Post Office. It normally has a number of inflatable Canoes and rubber boats on show outside against the wall.
Unfortunately I cannot recall the name of the shop at the moment. Well worth a visit if you are looking for a tool for the
woods, There is also a large choice of Cammo gear.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I know the shop you mean, a real Aladdin's cave. However, the better knives can be found at Nordic Outdoor, almost opposite George Fischer, along with a good range of GB axes and other nice-but-pricey kit.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE