Geminids?

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
We got a phone call from a friend tonight to ask if we were up for a drive to Shap summit to try & see the meteor shower.
The weather here has been dire all day but they assured us there was due to be a break in the cloud about 1am.
So we went up there & froze ourselves to the bone and sure enough at 1am on the button, there was a break in the cloud cover and we saw a token two shooting across the sky before it returned to solid cloud.
Now back home wondering if it might be clear at 4am as our friend also claimed.Maybe will just go to bed instead & leave the 4am shift to hardier souls than me! :umbrella:
Anyone else seen them tonight or last night?
Simon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wish I had; we've had thunder, hailstones, torrential rain and gales all day here. The hail's stotting off the windows just now and keeping me awake.

atb,
Toddy

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Saw 2 on Friday night and one early Saturday morning. Having 2 large Velux windows above the bed helps!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah......I've just seen a woodpecker flying backwards :) seriously, I have, and the magpies have given up trying and are walking everywhere. At least it's dry.

Clear skies would be a real pleasure just now, and better still tonight if there were a chance to see the stars :D
Pandabean's been taking some really good shots with the starry sky backgrounds :) I wonder if he'll manage something from the Geminids ?

cheers,
Toddy

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
I gave up in the evening due to the weather but woke up about 6.00am and it was clear, so I went out and saw 17 before it clouded over about 3/4 of an hour later.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE