For Sale Gear Clearout 5

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
More stuff guys.
Same theme, pack weight and size reduction. Plus just unused kit.

First,
Thermarest mat. .. XTherm, the warm one! ... You can find all the specs on the net.
This is the large one, plenty room for the fidgeters!

This is pretty light but I got a smaller and lighter one, not sure if I may regret it. This Thermarest is warm and mega comfy.

It's been used but no probs at all with it. I've done a few bits to it but don'y worry it's perfectly fine.
I found it slipping about in my silnylon bug shelter, most infuriating fighting with your mat!
So after some research I found the cure, put lines of silNet seam sealer on it. It doesn't look pretty but it cured the problem, no more slipping. (A few dabs on the under side of your silnylon base too, goodbye slipping!)
Also you will see it's had Thermarests connectors fitted. I was going to peel them off but thought I'd leave them. May be useful for the buyer. They held my quilts in place, not good losing your quilt at minus 5!
They will peel off if you don't want them, steadily though don't just yank em, they're well stuck but will come off without damaging the mat. The silnet will peel off too if it really bothers you, but takes a little more patience.

Bags with it. Bought the large pump sack for it, being tight thermarest made it an extra.
It's had "no damp breath" always used the pump. ( The bottle holder is NOT with it, windy so I used it to hold things down, sold separately)

A few coffee stains but nothing major, will no doubt wash off, it adds to it's character! :)

DSCF1106.jpg DSCF1109.jpg DSCF1111.jpg

It's kept me toasty down as low as -7 so i'ts a true 4 season mat.

Ok, these ain't cheap, they're around 180 quid + about 20 quid for the large pump sack, I'll knock that right down to 70 quid posted. You'll not get a better mat for that money I assure you.

Second.
That water bottle holder. Molle compatible or just on your belt. I've got a light flat fold bottle now so this is of no use, might have used it a couple of times. Perfect as you can see. Velcro top, secure. Will hold a 500ml bottle easily, probably 750ml, I haven't one to try.

What are they, about a tenner. I'll take 6 quid posted, help someone out. (Bags NOT included)

DSCF1112.jpg DSCF1113.jpg

Third,
Leather pouch, made for me by "Black Sheep" ...
Lovely pouch, used once or twice.

I've been multi tasking it again, I've rubbed some green stropping paste under the top to strop a knife in the field. Never did use it, I know I know, I've annoyed myself doing that tbh. I like my gear to be multi functional, tis my excuse!

I think it was 35 quid, can't remember. ... Anyway 25 quid posted. Go to be worth that, it is very nice.

Opening measures; .. 130mm x 37mm but will stretch out a bit of course.
External measurements. 110mm tall, 160mm wide, 45mm deep.
Will accept a 3" belt.

DSCF1118.jpg DSCF1119.jpg DSCF1120.jpg

A few useful bits left so there will be a Clear out 6 at some point.

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
Hi Stiks, not sure if Wilfus has bagged your mat. If not I would like to take it please. Please PM your Paypal details if so. Cheers Richard

Hi,
Said he's having it but if for some reason he has to pull out I'll give you a shout.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018
Herefordshire
Hi there,
yes for some reason I can't PM you, so if you could PM me, or e-mail me at the above address.

And I have to wait for moderators to approve my posts probably as I'm just a long time lurker and not much of a poster on the general forums.

Stiks

Mar 21, 2006
N. Wales
I'm really sorry about the mat sale confusion. I got really messed up with rules and my posts/sales in another forum.

In my defence, so many problems here at the mo as some of you will know. My clarity of thought is taking a bit of a hit.

Everything will go smoothly from now on, back to normal !

The Thermarest has now been sold.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE