GB Wildlife Axe Mask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
I have a geniune GB mask for the Wildlife hatchet going spare if anyone wants to swap it for "Something useful/ interesting". The mask was removed the day the axe arrived in the post and has not been used since (I made a mask to fit the axe before it was used). Any takers?

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
I'll give you an antler needle for it unless you were expecting something of more quantity/value. :rolleyes:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Longstrider,

Did you ever publish a picc of the new one? Would love to see it (sorry for the hi-jack)

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi LS...........I have an axe that I need a mask for, though I am not sure if it would fit, would like to try though, what sort of thing are you after................Jon

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Ralph, Sorry mate, I have quite a bit of antler to hand at the moment and plan on making my own bits and bobs from it so the needle does not have much appeal to me.

Red, The mask I made for the Wildlife is an exact copy of the pattern I used for the one I made for my SFA. Pictures of that one can be seen at... http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=10904 but obviously smaller, to fit the smaller axe. If you would like one to this design for either a SFA or a Wildlife, drop me a PM and I'm sure we could come to some "arrangement" ;)

Jon, to be honest I don't know what I want for the thing, but if you can come up with any ideas PM me with your address and I'll get it sent off to you. (or I could take it to the Moot next month if you are going and we could do the swap there?) If it does not fit your axe, perhaps I could make one that did. Would need the axe for a day or two to do it though.

If anyone has a REALLY heavy piece of antler I'd swap in an instant. I want a good heavy piece for using as my hammer for flint knapping. Something about 10 to 12" long by a couple of inches diameter would be great. Stuff that size is generally too big for knife handles and the like, but I'm having hell of a job finding a bit big enough.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Longstrider,

Thanks for the piccs. An arrangement would have been great as I love the design. Wrong models though :(

Red

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
They need it more than me anyway-I just thought it might be good for a spare incase the current one was lost/damaged. Good luck with the antler.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Longstrider.........Here is a photo of my axe that needs a mask, what do you think, do you reckon it would fit ?.............Jon

dsc02248large6ue.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE