Gas for a jetboil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stephendedwards

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2006
Wales
Finally lashed out on a jet boil for my urban ditch kit but I am having trouble finding canisters that will fit in the cup along with the burner - anyone out there know where I might source these from.

many thanks

Steve

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
You want the 125g/225ml canisters - most of the camping shops I use have them

However, it's not the most economical way to buy gas (as an example, it costs £2.25 for a small canister, but only £3.25 for a 220g canister with twice as much gas in it) or the most environmentally friendly - you get more landfill waste per volume of gas using the small canisters.
IMHO you're better off using the space in the mug for a brew kit and packing a larger canister in your 'grab-bag'. It avoids rust marks from a damp canister too ;)

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
I'd second that about not storing the gas in the jetboil. I use the interior room for a plastic cup (or just cut the bottom off a plastic pop bottle. Then there's plenty of room for some noodles, coffee, spoon etc. Also, I would recommend packing a little bic lighter; the temperature is going down and sometimes the gas won't light off the piezo if its cold. I know it negates one reason for buying a jetboil (everything packed in the pot) but it seems to make sense in the long run.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE