Gas Cylinders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Gas.
I'm going to run out of it soon.
Maybe this weekend. Maybe next.
But certainly before this whole lock down business is over.

But where can I get it?
Any shop that I can think of is closed.
Except The Range (I think they're staying open, right?). But it seems irresponsible going in there just for a gas cylinder.
Can you get them on Amazon? I'll have a look. But something tells me the Post Office wouldn't deliver a compressed gas cylinder.

Anyone got any suggestions on where I can get a camping stove gas cylinder from?

Yes, I know there are other stove/fuel types (going to run out of meths soon as well. And it seems just as irresponsible to go into Wickes for just that as well).
But I'm not interested in them.
I'm looking for advice on how to purchase a gas cylinder during the lock down.
I suspect I'm stuffed, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I can answer my own question, but will post it here in case anyone finds themselves in a similar position.
Yes, you can buy them on Amazon.
A bit more expensive than in your local camping shop. But hey - they come with free delivery!
Hmm.
So if you find yourself running out of gas for your stove and wondering what to do, then you can get them on Amazon.

Reactions: Toddy

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats another thing I have a stash of.

Got them when on offer and sometimes I find at car boots.

(I have too much storage space)

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
If a gas cylinder is your only cooking source I dont think you're being irresponsible at all by going out and buying it from a legitimate shop that is open and sells it.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
If a gas cylinder is your only cooking source I dont think you're being irresponsible at all by going out and buying it from a legitimate shop that is open and sells it.

No, this isn't for home use.
I just wanted a small, screw on, gas cylinder for a camping stove so I can make myself a mug of earl grey when out for my daily Government Approved walk.
So it's hardly essential.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
No, this isn't for home use.
I just wanted a small, screw on, gas cylinder for a camping stove so I can make myself a mug of earl grey when out for my daily Government Approved walk.
So it's hardly essential.
Oh ok! my mistake!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Carry the EG in a good thermos bottle. Going out for that nonessential gas bottle in some parts of Canada
will get you a big fat fine and maybe some time in the shade.
That's the last place you need to be. It's a hard line on the edge of"essential."

Reactions: crosslandkelly

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Or even nust have hot water in a flask and make the tea wjth that.

For me doing it that way avoids that manky flask tea flavour and means my flask is always nice and clean. It only ever has hot water inside it.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I damaged a chainsaw chain in the wood yesterday (caught on a withy, ripped it off and damaged a few drive links). According to Screwfix chains are not essential items and can't be bought in the current situation :(

Luckily, Amazon don't have the same view.

What is and isn't essential really does come down to what your individual needs are - I couldn't continue working in the wood without a chain and I can see no logical reason for not continuing to work down there. I suppose one could argue that by doing so I may have an accident that requires medical support but if you take that view you'd be drinking cold water in case you scald yourself using the kettle!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I cannot believe what I read. Tools (saw chains) are non essentials on your planet?
Must be some ultra stupid ninnies in the corner offices.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Some of those people do not know what a chainsaw is so when they do not know it cannot be necessary ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE