Garmin eTrex Venture maps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Just picked up a Garmin eTrex Venture for next to nothing. Anyone know if it’s possible to get Ordnance Survey type maps onto it and how for little or nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
Afraid its a no on the Venture, about the best you can do is set waypoints and points of interest by connecting it to a computer. That will need a cable, on my old one it was a serial cable. If you want to have a go at OS maps on a GPS device, beg / borrow and used smartphone and try the 7 day OS maps trial. You do not need a simcard in the phone, use wifi at home, and save maps to the phone. If you like it you can add a battery pack to extend its life and look at putting it in a waterproof case. I use this setup in the kayak and walking. And yes I do carry a map and compass, or even the old etrex as a backup. Other good thing about the OS app is that when you subscribe you can print maps out yourself.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Thanks for replying back to me.

Probably going to stick with ViewRanger on my iPhone and of course my map and compass in my backpack :)

Now I know why it was so cheap LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE