Garden plant id

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
2yjezy9a.jpg

Had this come up in a few places around the garden
amuhe9e5.jpg

It smells quite fragrant when crushed? ??
I will look it up but unsure.
D
P's it came up last year too

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Thank you very much. ... any relevant information to read on it?? I'll have a Google

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Feverfew....it's a pretty wee plant and if you prune the flower heads just as they turn dry then you won't get the seeding issues.
The leaves are bitter, but, and it's a big but, and a good one; see when you have the headache from hell ? or migraine? eat a couple of the leaves.
I find I can't eat with migraine but if I manage to get a couple of the leaves down, it starts to help. With a headache, just butter a slice of bread and put the leaves on the piece and eat that.

It's part of the herbal mix, the synergy, that is used to ease the symptoms of arthritis (including R.A.) and it eases the swelling of insect bites too.

Not suitable for pregnant women, nursing mothers and I wouldn't give it to a pre-school aged child.

It's one of those plants that I'm happy to let seed itself around the flower beds. It's easy enough to weed out when it comes up where I'd rather it not be. It's effective use in settling a misery makes it worth the effort :D

atb,
Mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE