Garden bushcraft

Shade

Nomad
Oct 13, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi folks.

To cut a long story short ........

Got up feeling fed up.
Wanted to be out and about but pretty much stuck to the house due to other commitments through the day.
So ......

Found a patch in the garden.
A few hours later ...... presto !!
Garden base camp !

Brew's on and smile reinstated.

Anyone else out there a garden bushcrafter ???

start.jpg

cleared.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I do spend alot of time practicing in my garden as getting out in parts of the woods that aren't full of beer bottles and needles is a a drive small drive away.

Looks like you have a nice garden though! make a shelter!

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Fantastic Thread! I am almost the epitome of a backgarden bushcrafter, here in Northern Ireland there are very few place where you can light a small stove never mind set up camp, so most of my bushcraft takes place in the small forested area that separates the house I live in from a golf course, I learnt most of the skills I know in there a fantastic wee hide out. Pics to follow

outdoorpaddy

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
Looks a lovely wee spot there, Shade. Definitely get a tarp up or craft a shelter, accompanied by many brews, of course!

Shade

Nomad
Oct 13, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks guys.
It was great to be outdoors today.
I have a little friendly robin with me just about all day.
Every time I cleared a bit - down he'd pop have a scout around for tasty bits then fly back up and await the next opportunty.

First brew on the fire had that highly reminiscent smokey taste to it ;)

A shelter is a great idea. My tarp is a little on the large side at 3m x 3m.
Maybe a small leaf shelter :)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Make a shelter from thick branches and then put live mud/grass turf on top so it grows! Then you'll have your very hobbit shelter to nest under!

I've been meaning to make one myself sometime.

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Over the last year I have changed my mowing regime from lawn mower once a week to scythe when I feel like it, also let all sorts of "weeds" grow. Garden is beginning to feel much more homely now and of course I have a spot to sit in the sun carving a spoon and have a campfire.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE