Garden BBQ Dilemma

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I have been a dyed in the wool charcoal BBQ'er all my life but with this bloody Scottish weather its becoming impractical!

So I'm now looking at two options, one large charcoal BBQ, possibly oil drum made by my own fair hand for family parties and planned BBQ events!

The second is a small gas(groan) BBQ for impromptu week night dinners if, and this is a big if, the Scottish sun shines!!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a small gas BBQ, I was thinking along the lines of a Cadac or something that would double up for camping but would appreciate any reviews or suggestions please!

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
After living for 6 years in the home of the bbq, Australia. There is nothing wrong with having a gas bbq. I have a large on I brought back from Oz which doesn't help you for a review but it's great at just being able to fire it up and not have to wait for the coals to get ready. Also while not an issue here you can use a gas bbq when there where fire bans in place.
Also have a Webber kettle bbq which we do roasts on. Done the Christmas turkey a few times on it. You just have to factor in the cold surroundings sucking the heat from the bbq.

In a gas bbq look for one that use heat beads. No idea what they are but they heat up and help cook the food.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Thats why I fancy the gas so I can cook dinner for me and the wife, without having to rake about for charcoal and get everything fired up, afterork it takes an age todo so!

I have been surfing about and found a weber q120, it looks abit better than the cadac one, does anyone have any experince with this particular BBQ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE