G10 sheet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I'm on the look out for a sheet of G10 to make some book marks.

Does anyone know where I can get a sheet of G10 from? Preferably a nice light grey colour, about 3mm thick. Or if you have any spare I'd be happy to trade for it.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Was going to suggest JB Supply, but seems to have temporarily closed up shop til Dec

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Does it have to be 3mm? Is it for presents so needs to be high end or just for you? I might have some thinner jade that could suit?
Hi Stew,

I'd like it to be 3mm as I'd like it to be rigid, totally without flex. The finished bookmark will be about 6in long, 1.5in wide and 3mm thick, tapered at one end to about 1mm. Sorry for mixing of in and mm but I'm tired and can't be bothered to do the calcs....

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Hi Stew,

I'd like it to be 3mm as I'd like it to be rigid, totally without flex. The finished bookmark will be about 6in long, 1.5in wide and 3mm thick, tapered at one end to about 1mm. Sorry for mixing of in and mm but I'm tired and can't be bothered to do the calcs....

Don’t worry about the mixing - I do the same all the time!

Im on a late start tomorrow so might see if I can dig the bit out that I have in mind, just in case you think it’ll suit. Might just do some bookmarks myself! :) Won’t 3mm have a fair bit of deflection to the pages?

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Don’t worry about the mixing - I do the same all the time!

Im on a late start tomorrow so might see if I can dig the bit out that I have in mind, just in case you think it’ll suit. Might just do some bookmarks myself! :) Won’t 3mm have a fair bit of deflection to the pages?
It may, but the size of books I work with (think heavy, old school inventories) do need something substantial, plus bearing in mind I have a tendancy to use them as a ruler, pointer, page turner and even lean on them at times, it'll need to stand up to rough housing!

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Was going to suggest JB Supply, but seems to have temporarily closed up shop til Dec

I have just ordered from here. At only £12 inc postage, its going to be an affordable mistake if I mess it up.....

If anyone would be interested I'll put up some pictures of the finished product.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE