FULL TANG KNIFE WITH 10 CM BLADE ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Thank you!

In my opinion now a days a bushcraft knife should have this option.

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
:confused:
Ja, aber Finnisch zum Beispiel ist es nicht. Darum sind Deutsche oder Schwedische Links zum Beispiel kompliziert für nicht Germanen.
;)
Yes, but Finish for example isn't it.
That's why German and Swedish links for example are complicated for non Germanics.

Just try to set the links later ones more, please!

:)

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
That's very similar to a green river knife https://www.heinnie.com/john-nowill-green-river-knife
I have no experience with it but this one might be good for your scouts on a budget https://www.heinnie.com/john-nowill-seamans-knife
That second knife is very similar to the ones we used in the Navy on your rigging kit commonly referred to as a 'pussers dirk'. Probably not great quite bendy, I've seen more than one break. That manufacturer may well have changed the steel though. The first is the common knife that was in use when I left. Fairly solid cutter don't know if it'll hold an edge though.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I have a rather good knife made by Michael Presnell. Actually, it is more or less the perfect worker in flatground 3.2mm 52100 steel and black micarta.

It was $150 w/sheath .. maybe a bulk order of something like that would be explorable :)

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
4.8mm thick blade. Do you not think that is excessively thick and makes &or a clumsy working knife?
Will you be able to do what you wrote in post no 1 with such a log?

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If I would have to choose Fjällkniven F1 or this I would take the F1.

In my opinion the master hunter is a variation of the F1, but the F1 has the better handle.

I owned the F1 and it is a fantastic knive.
But if you own one you have to do fine carving and especialy cooking with a Victorinox or Opinel back up knive.

Knives thicker than 4 mm are illegal in France. That's why I lost my F1.

Blades longer than 12 cm are illegal to carry in Germany.

So a new fix blade for me has to be shorter than 12,01 cm and thinner than 4,01 mm.

Do you know about the knifes regarding laws in Skandinavia, @Janne ?

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Not in detail, but knives are forbidden to be carried unless you need them in your profession, or is going hiking/fishing and similar.

In real life, outside the cities, many people carry some sort of blade.
Folder, whatever. Many, if not most, country folk have a knife or two, in the car.

I am not aware of any blade size or design restrictions.

Norway have similar laws.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
So it is more or less like in France:
Generally illegal, with good reason and good behaviour no problem.

In Germany I can carry a 12 cm fix blade knife in town without any problems. There are just a few exceptions where a lot of people come together.

Last edited:

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I think the whole Europe has similar laws.

I find the F1 has a blade that is a bit to wide for comforable and easy use.
Plus almost all Fällkniven models have a very uncomfortable handles, the stacked leather ones are a bit better.
Do not own one with a wooden handle though.

z_bumbi

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2016
Linköping, Sweden
For sweden: Its legal to have a knife in the car if it's in the trunk or similar. There is cases where people have had the knife in the glow compartment or the doors etc that have got them in trouble.
Craftsmen have also got in trouble wearing their knives to and from worksites before or after workhoures.
If in Sweden just put the knives in the backpack when traveling in cities and dont do stupid things so that the bag get searched.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Skullcrusher? :lol: Breaking into cars? I don't know, of course. But, the point of these things has always defeated me. Walnuts, maybe. :)

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Do they have coconut palm trees in Norway? I didn't pay attention when I was in Oslo a few years ago.

Is that knive made in Norway from Swedish steel?
Or is it designed in Norway and made in Pakistan...?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE