Full knife making worship for sale !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Well it time !

Everything I have for a knife workshop for sale .
The Direct Drive Maxigrinder ‘The professional’s choice’ belt grinder. 2Hp direct drive, 240v single phase will run from conventional hhld supply, Invertek Optidrive speed control range from 0–2800 RPM with full power, at 1400-2800 power is reduced proportionally relative to the speed from 1400 down to 0 RPM. Takes 50 x 1800 to 50 x 2000 belts, angle-adjustable platen head, approx 15deg either side of vertical, worktable is also adjustable and extendable for when head is tilted, removable tool arm so a range of accessories can be fitted. Approx 45Kg, .6m wide .6m high x .75m long.
Comes with
4x40 new grit ceramic belts
4x240 new grit ceramic belts
1x worn 40 grit
1xworn 240 grit useful on handles and for practice.
1x jig to hold knife blank.
2 wooden preset angles (4 angles for bevels)
1x digital angle finder (needs a battery)
Clarke (permanently) converted wood lathe /polishing lathe
Bench mounted polishing lathe with variable speed, this is the best polisher I have had yet.
Comes with 2x m3 scotbrite mops and a collection of worn standard mops with compound
Clarke CBS250 10” wood band saw
Great saw comes with one worn belt fitted and one new.
CLARKE CS6-9C BELT AND DISC SANDER
Heavily used machine , very useful as you can imagine for flattening blanks and handle materials .
Clarke CDE1000 dust extractor
Used but works great still .
Electrolyte metal etching machine
Great machine made in the uk , easy to use
Steel and knife blanks
Large sheet of 15N20 steel, this can be hard to find and expensive when you do find it.
The sheet is 2mm thick 1m long and 35cm wide , it’s in the annealed state (soft) and is the portion of the steel that resists acid etching in pattern welded steel , there are two smaller overcuts with this and some other bits of o1 tool steel so you can make a billet up straight away .there are also 5 damasteel (stainless steel Damascus steel) blanks 2 kitchen knives and 3 utility knives , they are not heat treated yet , plus one bar of silver steel 34.5cm long 2.5cm thick also annealed ready for forging. I may find other bits and add them to this before collection!
Handle materials
Well over 100 handles worth of African hard wood, very hard and dense wood called wenge , looks great and has a really nice grain when polished .
Many off cuts of synthetic materials like micarta, G 10 etc, enough for some small knives and also plenty for stacked washer handles also plenty of leather for stacked washer handles to.
There are maybe 2 or 3 red stag antlers there to, nice for stick tanged knives.
Brass sheet for liners. brass, ally and steel tubes and pins for fixings and lanyard tubes, plus a bar of brass for guards/bolsters/pummels.
I have some very nice fixings for folding knives in there to, bronze washers, pivot pins and fixing pins, mostly in torx head.
Chemicals and additives
There is one pot of black epoxy additive for colouring epoxy to fill file work on knives. One chemical blacking kit for cold blacking carbon steel, ferric chloride granules for etching blades/pattern welded steel. Boric acid powder for flux when pattern welding and some silver solder and flux for soldering guards etc on knives .also one liquid inlay (black)
Templates for knives machetes and sheaths
I have all my templates for knives plus conceptual drawings and more than 10 cad files.
There are loads here from small finger through utility neck knives right up to kukris and machetes. Lots I never made or where one offs. Literally years of work in paper digital or wood form. There are some sheath patterns in there to. so if you not very skilled with correct knife design or want something you know will work but want to adapt they are there , you could also order laser cuts from the designs and have 100 or more delivered to your door ready to grind into knives !!
Some of the designs have been very successful and have sold in the hundreds so you have security there and you know they are a very sellable product !
Vertical welding forge
I made it myself as they are not commercially available, this is bar far the best and most versatile and controllable I have made (this is mk7) it comes with a modified swan forge burner, that he been adapted to be forced air /propane.
Comes with 2x blowers for air feed (one needs wiring) the forge its self which will with stand welding temperature all day long , so many years of work from this.
It has a high quality regulator with flash arrester new hose, regulator key lots of spare parts for adapting the burner if you want to and the original swan regulator.
In terms of versatility I can anneal steel in this, forge a blade, heat treat and weld pattern welded/Damascus steel. Once its heat is built up you can choke it right down for forging etc.
I have forged an 11.5 lbs billet of pattern welded steel so it can do the work very very well.
Very used pillar drill with cross vice
I’m not going to tell porkpies this machine is almost knackered but still drills holes well and you can fit the cross vice if you wanted to mill out slots etc , I’m not charging for this it’s just in with the sale.

More things may turn up and I will add them if they do!!
A great little business opportunity for someone or a great place to start for enthusiastic hobbyist.
Collection and cash is needed on this, you may want a van or large trailer to collect it all !!
£1,500 Ono

All the best, matt .

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Also I have compiled a list of suppliers , and all the companies I use for laser cutting heat treating materials etc . Thus will come with the sale along with any digital templates I have !!

So it really is everything you need to get started !!

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
thats sad your having to sell, if i had the cash would love some of this but i dont... the bolts/female threaded brass tubes you have in pic 6, are these something you'd sell separate?

Last edited:

promazine

Aug 8, 2015
United Kingdom
Sad to hear your giving up.

That's a lot of kit for a very reasonable price. I'm 2 weeks away from my wedding - but this is tempting enough for me to broach the subject with my other half. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 25, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Hi guys thank you for the kind words and support over the years !
Yep £1,500 gets the lot !

Lots of reasons to call it quits but the one that bought it to an end sooner was a meeting with my dr that scared the hell out of me , I'm asthmatic and he told me some stuff that made my mind up once and for all , long and short I need to make a living through something that involves no dust !!
6 years worth of energy and money gone into building thus up to where it's at and I have run out of time , patience and the will power to take it further , then the dr thing and , well it's just time

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Matt I saw the add on FB and as I said there that's a great deal. Shame your packing in but can fully understand why.

Sent from somewhere?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE