Fuji Finepix HS10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
A selection of photos taken with my new finepix HS10. I have been playing about with the 30X zoom (I think thats the equivalent of about 720mm). I am in the middle of a steep learning curve and I am still using the camera on full auto until I get the hang of it so any criticism good or bad is welcome!

Thanks for looking,

Jim.

DSCF1100.jpg

DSCF1058.jpg

DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

DSCF1081.jpg

DSCF1090.jpg

DSCF1094.jpg

Last edited:

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Just enjoy playing with it.
The more you play, the more you will learn. However, one of the best settings to play around with at first is the macro function which is situated on the rear facing dial (left hand button on the dial looks like a flower). This will enable you to take real close ups of items possibly down to 1cm distance (not quite sure of exact specs of the lens), especially useful for plants. Sorry if you have already played with this, but in my experience it is quite often overlooked.
I wish you well and much enjoyment with your new camera.
Cheers
Sack

Last edited:

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
Thanks Sack, I did notice the macro setting. Its actually got a macro and a super macro setting so going to play about with those and see what results I come up with!

Jim

UltimateSurvivor

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2010
Richmond North Yorkshire.
Hi buddy,

I have the same camera and i'm having lots of fun with it. I've had it about a month now and after being out with it nearly every evening i'm still getting to grips with it. It's a superb piece of kit.

Have fund with it :D

Regards.

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
Yeah UltimateSurvivor, its a great piece of kit, but the learning curve is quite steep! I have an old Samsung 8Mp compact and the difference is unbelievable! The only problem I have come across so far - and its not really a problem as such, just a niggle - when I change to RAW+JPG setting, it is supposed to give you 2 pics, one RAW image and another JPG. Mines for some reason only gives me 2 identically sized RAW images. I dont use RAW much but just ordered another 8Gb card so might start playing about with RAW and the macro settings Large Sack suggested.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
I have an DSLR, and my folks wanted something not quite DSLR but better than their 'point and shoot'. After a bit of research, i suggested this. Couldnt believe the quality of the camera and pics. For me to get the same zoom with image stabilisation, i'd be paying nearly 10 grand on this
Great pics by the way. Let us know how it holds up to the rigour of bushcraft life ;o)

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
Just following on from the zoom capability of the hs10, here are 3 pics taken from my front door. The first is 1X zoom, then about 10X then finally 30X. The results I think look pretty good and certainly good enough to shoot wildlife without it darting off when I come lumbering by!

DSCF1130.jpg

DSCF1131.jpg

DSCF1134a.jpg

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I was looking at a fuji S1500 or S1600 or other in that range recently. A superzoom bridge type camera (not sure whetherthe HS10 is the same). Fuji do make good superzooms IMHO. In a website review it was interesting to see the similar zoom photgraphs. The wide angle one you can't even see the detail that fills the screen on the telephoto end of the zoom. Amazing really. I just wish other expenses hadn't come along so I could have bought it. I am still using a 5mp camera on my phone or a chunky 4mp nikon coolpix from about 5 or 6 years ago.

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
That looks like my mother in law hehehe :)

Excellent photo though, it would have been nigh on impossible to take that shot without a large zoom lens I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE