Fuel4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Interesting new fuel about to come on to the market made here in the UK.

It's a Bio-Ethanol gel fuel comparable in price and energy output to meths, can be used in standard meths burners (or even just smeared on a rock etc and then ignited if need be!), no nasty smell and leaves no soot. From what I've read 100ml burns for 30-45 mins depending on the set up.

I'm quite interested to see how it performs in real world tests once it's released

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Ah. Why so? Maybe I should have said brand of fuel...

Similar to the green heat stuff but from their blurb sounds like this stuff has a higher heat output

Last edited:

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
they have started selling it in go-outdoors and its not megabucks however ive been using hand sanitizer gel for ages in my crusader kit... not sure it will perform in a trangia burner though the one they sell it for is more like a food heater burner? might clog the jet holes...

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
methanol, less energy content, more explosive, volatile and toxic. Sir likes to fly by the seat of his pants I see.

5 litres from benq for a fiver ennit ?

We've done the methanol thread before so please stop trolling. Like many thousands of methanol users I'm very happy with its performance and manage to keep safe and healthy with very little effort.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
My local camping shop have some of the Fuel4 X2 cook-sets in. Not for me as I have a few meths stoves already and its much heavier than a Trangia equivalent.

23317-060912130938891847858.jpg

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
It does have a windshield after a fashion, this is probably a better picture. Like I said not one for me, especially at £40!

X2-Eco-Cook-Set20.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE