Fuel Swedish Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Well, I brought 0.5L with me to the bushmoot (fri afternoon - mon lunch) and I still had ~0.1L with me back home, and that included boiling spuds once (30 min) and pasta twice (12 min).

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Trangia's website says has this so say:

'Generally, allow 0.5 litre methylated spirits for cooking per person per week. Weather conditions, the time of year and the climate affect consumption. The type of food chosen, e.g. boiled potatoes vs. instant mashed potatoes, is another factor. Cooking times can also vary depending on altitude. It is always advisable to take spare fuel.'

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
I have just returned from a jaunt on Mull and made 0.5L stretch for five days for three people. I usually boil a pot of water and fire the rest straight away into a flask for later use. Dont forget to stack pots and lids whilst cooking to make the most of the fuel as you go along as it soon dissapears. I never use spuds to boil as they are too heavy and require too long too cook, I settle for dirty smash. Luckily meths/similar fuels are fairly easy to purchase where ever you are in the world...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE