fuel bottle for drinking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gaahl

Dec 26, 2007
leeds
does anyone have any advice for the cleaning of a aluminum fuels bottles so they can be used drinking water as i have a few old ones that i no longer use i don't fancy drinking petrol tasting water

ta

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Lots of flushes with hot soapy water might work, but is it worth it, my local sports shop is selling 1 litre Karrimor bottles for £2.69

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
My wife swears by bicarbonate of soda. Make up a warm solution and let it stand for a couple of hours. However, I think getting another bottle dedicated to water is going to be better in the long run. In my experience you can never get rid of the fuel taste, especially paraffin.:yuck:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I thought sigg bottles had different coatings inside for fuel and drinks. If it is a Sigg, it may be worth checking that info out as I'm sure you shouldn't use fuel bottles for water that you will drink, even if they've never had fuel in them.

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
I would say never use a fuel bottle for your drinking water even more so if you have used it for fuel, you will never really get the taste out of it and also remember that fuels are a toxic substance...

You would be better off just getting a new one specifically for water and use your fuel ones for fuel...

Karl..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE