FTGH: Pocket Cooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have an unused (in original packaging) pocket cooker (like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbR5nhLM2i0), which I bought off another member here a year or two ago.

I haven't got around to using it (apart from opening it up when I first got it) and, since getting a Honey Stove, I'm unlikely to do so now. I'd prefer to give it away to someone who is struggling a bit at the moment (rather than a kit junkie!), so please bear this in mind if you are interested.

I'm happy to pay postage to UK addresses, but if you're going to the Moot I could just bring it along and save myself a few pounds in postage.

If you are interested, please PM me. To give everyone a fair chance, I'll keep this open until midnight on Wednesday 8 July (assuming I get any responses!) and then do a random draw if there is more than one person interested. If there aren't any replies, then I'll extend the deadline.

Geoff

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I am a kit junkie, I am struggling a bit, but I don’t need it, so I don’t want it – that is very difficult for me to say :)

I just wanted to say what a nice gesture that is, I’m sure some of the younger members will jump at the chance.

Andy

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Just for info, I've had two PMs so far, so the deadline of midnight on Wednesday 8 July (as recorded in my PM inbox) will apply.

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Update on this - six PMs so far, so better chances than the national lottery! I'll hope to do the draw on Thursday morning and let the winner know by PM straight away.

Geoff

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
That's a generous offer Geoff.
I have always wanted a go with one but have several hobos and could probably afford to buy one if I was keen enough... so good luck to whoever gets it!

Cheers,
Steve

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
A further update.

I've just had a PM from another member (who wishes to remain anonymous) to say that they have a Pocket Cooker that has been used a few times, but can be added as a second 'prize' in the draw. Thanks to this person. :You_Rock_

When I do the draw on Thursday, I'll draw a winner and a runner-up, and the runner up will receive the used cooker from this anonymous donor.

Geoff

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
A further update.

I've just had a PM from another member (who wishes to remain anonymous) to say that they have a Pocket Cooker that has been used a few times, but can be added as a second 'prize' in the draw. Thanks to this person. :You_Rock_

When I do the draw on Thursday, I'll draw a winner and a runner-up, and the runner up will receive the used cooker from this anonymous donor.

Geoff

Nice one to both of you, really generous of you both. :You_Rock_

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
The odds are up again. One of the entrants has withdrawn, as he has been given a cooker by someone else.

So five remaining entrants.

I won't publicise the name(s) of the winners unless they are happy for me to do so.

Geoff

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
A further update.

Geoff

That's very nice of you both, I'd be happy to get either :)

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
OK - I've just done the draw. There were 9 entrants, but one withdrew before the draw was made. I did it as a knock-out as follows, trying to make it as random as possible ('cos I'm a bit of a nerd!):

1. List all of the entrants in order of receipt of their PMs.
  2. Number them 1 to 8.
  3. Get a random number between 1 and 8 from http://www.random.org
  4. Knock out the person whose number was generated.
  5. Rotate the list by one place (i.e. No 1 becomes No 2, and the highest numbered person becomes No 1).
  6. We now have 7 people left.
  7. Repeat the process until there is only one person left. They are the winner (and the previous person to be knocked out gets the second prize).

I'm just about to PM everyone who entered. If they want to say who they are on this thread, that's fine, but I won't do so unless they are happy for me to do so.

[EDIT] - Just had a reply to my PM: the second prize went to waddcal.

Sorry to those who missed out and hope the winners make good use of the cookers.

Geoff

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi Toadflax

Cudos to you and the unknown contributor of the second prize.

It's people like you that make this forum the place it is.

Respect

Phill :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :notworthy

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Just had a PM from the winner: mt350. Hope you can make good use of the cooker. I'll get it posted off to you as soon as I can.

Geoff

mt350

Jun 10, 2009
out there
WOW i never normaly win anything.
thanks so much to toadflax and the unknown contributor and i only hope i can do somthing like this in the future.

thanks again

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE